Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Southern Indiana venues?

Hey ladies... anyone planning a reception at a southern Indiana venue?  Interested to know opinions of places like... Kye's... The Grand... 300 Spring... etc....

Re: Southern Indiana venues?

• Options
    kdmoellekdmoelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at 300 Spring in November. We don't have any complaints so far. Mary is great and very very helpful.
  • Options
    alheckeralhecker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

First off, how many guests?  My brother just got married and they had their ceremony and reception at the The Sheraton in Jeffersonville.  It was nice because she had a lot of out of town guests and everything was so accessible.  I am getting married in a church and my reception is at Huber's Winery.  Huber's is WONDERFUL!  They are so easy to work with and do SO much for you that other places charge extra for.  Please let me know if I can help you more. 

• Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to one at Kye's II in March.  I think the guest list was about 170 people.  It was nice.  I think it really depends on what DJ, how you decorate, etc.  Also, I'm not sure if it was in house catering or an outside caterer, but the food was good (not awesome). 

I've not been to any of the others.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My reception is at 300 Spring next weekend...I LOVE the place, and I love Mary.  It's a bit pricy, since if you want to use a DJ, you have to use theirs.  They also charge extra if you want longer than a 4 hour reception.  The catering list is pretty small, but we picked Chardeaus off of there, and they are great to work with also.

We checked out teh Grand, but it doesn't look that great from the outside, and ended up being more money...I couldn't even get someone from Kye's to call me back.

I'm SO GLAD we decided to go with 300.  They're professional, available, and just downright NICE. 

• Options
    faeriechyldfaeriechyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friends got married at The Grand a few years ago, and it was an amazing reception.  Very beautiful, and they blew up their engagement shots and put them in the frames outside.  When my mom got married, they had their reception at Lakeside Reflections and she said they were just wonderful, PLUS it was a one-stop-shop - food, liquor and DJ were all in house.  She planned everything in 6 weeks and the reception was gorgeous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Kyes and am pretty happy so far. They are a little pricey but not as bad as Hubers or The Grand. Plus I can have an indoor wedding and reception and they are not in the same room which is hard to find.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards