Kentucky-Louisville

Wedding dress prep?

Does anyone have any suggestions on a place to take my dress to get it pressed/steamed for a reasonable price?  Also, does nayone know how long this normally takes?  Thanks!

Re: Wedding dress prep?

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress shop will do this for me for free.  You should call and ask your shop.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • mavelle93mavelle93 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I bought my dress at David's Bridal and have heard that for any extra service it costs an arm and a leg so was trying to see if there were any other suggestions...
  • tigger9922tigger9922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you having any alterations?  My girl did all that for us, so I'm not sure who would do it independently.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh. . . I'm not sure.  I know NuYale and Highland cleaners will clean and preserve dresses after the wedding, so they would likely press/steam before the wedding as well.  You might give them a call.

DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this topic because I too didn't know where to go because my dress was ordered online.
  • katepetersonkatepeterson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need tips on a place to get my dress altered and bussled as well. Any tips?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards