Kentucky-Louisville

art museum closing (aka bad timing)

Ok, so my boyfriend and i have been talking about getting married for a long time, weve just been waiting on finances and such and i finally graduated and started teaching and he got a small promotion so he says ill probably be seeing a ring around february (so excited by the way!! Im actually going to shane co with a mutual friend tomorrow to get some ideas) we have already decided on the speed art museum as a venue, and as a bonus his dad works there and has some behind the scenes info and possibly a discount for us. But they just announced in december that theyll be closing in october for renovations until 2015! Now my plan was april of next year so ill be off for jcps spring break, but now thats too late... So im just kind of in a funk. Anyone know of any fun venues where we can have the ceremony and reception in the same place? I dont think i could plan a budget wedding in 8 months, that sounds daunting! Anyway this post is half exciting half just a bummer lol

Re: art museum closing (aka bad timing)

• Sure you can plan a wedding in 8 months.  You'll need to get a jump on it, though, DIY some things.  Fortunately all the wedding shows are happening now and some vendors offer show discounts if you're ready to book.  The best thing about the Speed, is that you really don't need decor other than centerpieces.
  • I'm having a vow renewal ceremony and reception in December at Edesia Gardens. So far very pleased with everything. Gumby is very reasonable and pretty much everything is included, which makes everything soooooo much easier. Check out their website, http://www.edesiagardens.com/default.html
  • I'm getting married at the Mellwood Art Center. I'm having my ceremony and reception there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards