Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Vendor reviews

I just got married on March 27 and just wanted to share my experiences w/you all.  I was very happy with the way things turned out and some of these vendors are ones that I notice are not mentioned much if at all on this board.

Venue: South Park Country Club - A-
Beautiful place to have our ceremony and reception.  We were lucky enough to have beautiful weather for our outdoor ceremony next to the lake.  They seem to have more reasonable prices than others and their food is pretty good.  The staff is extremely nice and they work hard to try to set up things the way you want and to make sure you have what you need.  The only thing about this venue is that it is in Fairdale and so can be a little far of a drive, also they do mostly buffets and may not have enough people to serve plated meals if you have a larger guest list like we did.  However, the buffet moved rather smoothly for us.  Also need to mention that they do plate the head table(s) so you don't have to wait in the buffet line.

Photographer: Jason Holzworth - A
Love our pictures! Everyone else seems to love his work too, we've gotten so many compliments on the photos. Jason is very professional and makes you feel comfortable.  He is also extremely patient, which is a good thing when you have a huge family like mine that likes to take a lot of pictures too.  He has only been doing wedding photography for about 2-3 years but he certainly seems to have a knack for it.  Also, for what you get with his packages he is also pretty reasonably priced.

Flowers: The Greenery – A

These ladies did such a good job with our flowers. They were exactly what I wanted. They seem to be the most reasonably priced and Mary, who is the owner of the shop, is such a sweet lady and easy to work with.

Cake: Thornberry's Deli and Bakery - A
OMG, I was SO happy with our cake.  It was absolutely gorgeous (more so than I had imagined)!  This is a really small bakery on Old S. Third Street that my fiance used to go to when he was little, but it is delicious.

DJ: Complete Music DJ Services – B+

I liked our 2 Djs, they did a good job of moving things along.  The only reason I'm giving them a B is because they played some songs that I had specifically told them not to play, but in the end, I think it was the right choice to play those songs to get people on the dance floor and everyone seemed to have fun.

Chair rental: Ballou's Rentals – A-

Rented a bunch of beautiful white chairs. They came on time, and were pretty easy to deal with. I thought it was a little weird that I got a call asking me where to put the chairs when I wasn't even there.  Pretty reasonably priced but average compared to others.

Re: Vendor reviews

• Options
    latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews, Congrats btw!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for these!  Congratulations!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and thanks for the reviews.

I'm currently looking for a DJ and would love more information on yours if you don't mind.  Specifically, which songs did they play that you didn't want played? 

Thanks!
  • Options
    mavelle93mavelle93 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! 
    To answer your question, our DJs broke out the 'YMCA' and the Chicken Dance, both of which were not songs I ever pictured or wanted played at my wedding.  Again, it turned out for the better and I think our guests had a lot of fun with the cheesy dances. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards