Pennsylvania-Central

PSU Hair Stylist Ideas

Hi, All!I'm getting married in State College in May 2010 and I'm looking for some suggestions for area hair stylists that aren't too expensive. I've seen a few that will charge between $150-200 for hair and makeup and that's a bit more than I would like to spend.Does anyone know of any good stylists (where I can also get makeup) that are cheaper?Thanks!

Re: PSU Hair Stylist Ideas

• edited December 2011
    you're best off going with a smaller, local salon owner in that area. I'm sure if you search on google for hair stylists in state college, you'll find someone. I'm personally using someone from bellefonte/zion, which might be cheaper for you than someone in state college. As far as makeup, you can get it done at any of the cosmetic kiosks in department stores at the nittany mall. They will do a trial, and then the day of makeup, but there is like a 3 product purchase requirement. (Not too bad though if you buy cheap things... and if you like the makeup it's a win win!) Hope this helps a little. If you want more specific details, feel free to let me know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    i hadn't thought of going to cosmetic kiosks! Great idea! Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Katie!  I'm getting married April 2010 in State also!  I looked into Euphoria Hair Salon located on Calder Way. I found some prices for them.   They priced an "up-do" at $45, make-up at $30, and a simple blow-dry and style at $18.  So for an up-do and make-up, you're looking at $75.  The only catch is if you want to do a trial run of both the hair style and make-up, it's the same price.  Combining it's $150, which I know is what you're not looking to spend.  But, it's worth a shot!  I haven't gotten my hair trial yet, but I plan on using Euphoria's services.    Good luck with your planning!  Have fun!Dana
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards