Kentucky-Louisville

Bridal Warehouse

HI!  I'm a Cincinnati bride getting married in Sarasota Fl!  I've never been on this board, but I am getting my dress at Bridal Warehouse in Louisville.  Just wanted to know what kind of experience people have had with them.  My first impression with them was they weren't overly professional, but the price was sooo much cheaper than anywhere I've looked.  Has anyone had problems or great experiences?  Please let me know!

Re: Bridal Warehouse

• melaniems31melaniems31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mother ordered her dress from them and had no problems!

We both had our dresses altered by Csilla Kosci of Csilla Designs.  Her studio is very close to Bridal Warehouse!
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made an appointment.  I called to confirm, and they had lost it, but said it was fine - come on in.  So, we went.  The consultant had no idea we were coming still.  She was pissed to wait on us.  Basically, she pointed us in the direction of dresses my size, pointed out a dressing room, and disappeared.  Never helped with anything at all.

Another girl had her FI in the dressing area, which I was very unhappy about. 

Overall, for the dresses I liked, they really weren't any cheaper than the dresses I liked in other bridal shops.  I ended up purchasing from Rebecca's on Chenowith & could not have been happier with my experience there.  We also got the BM dresses there & they were super easy to deal with.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • KentuckyKateKentuckyKate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Rebeccas.  We got my dress, 6 BM dresses, and my mother's dress there.  It was always a wonderful experience, everytime we went there.  Highly recommended.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I have an appt there on the 31st. They are the only place in Louisville that carries Casablanca dresses and though they don't have the specific style I want in stock (1889S) I'm hoping to try on similar styles by the same designer to get a feel for fit and then have them special order the 1889S. 
    Hope it goes well....*fingers crossed*
  • tigger9922tigger9922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, my experience with the consultant the first couple of times I was in there was great, but once I ordered my dress and my BM's started going in to order, their customer service and professionalism went down the toilet.  I chose to let my BM's pick out their own style and just order the same color (Alfred Angelo- Espresso) since some were OOT and others just had different budgets.  I found out by accident when my cousin ordered her dress that they didn't order any of the dresses yet and were still waiting on the last girl to come in before they would order.  REALLY!?? Even when they explained about dye lots and I told them there was no issue as some girls were ordering different fabrics all together, they still insisted they wouldn't oder any of them until the last girl came in.  I got to frustrated speaking to their manager.  They had no common sense about the situation.  My girls had already paid in full for the dresses and not once did someone bother to mention to them (or me as they called me after the first girl ordered her dress).  It was just a mess and the last thing I wanted to have to deal with as we were getting down the wire to order and I was afraid none of my girls would have their dresses.  I finally told her that I would just have them order from Blugrass Bridal and refund all the money, and she agreed to order the dresses without the last girl.  My last girl did order from Bluegrass and it was worth the drive.  She got hers before the other girls and it was cheaper.  Overall, they were rude and hard to deal with. I would recommend looking at smaller boutiques.  I wish I had ordered the more expensive dress from Bridal Suite of Louisville.  They were awesome, but at the time I didn't feel I should spend that on the dress when BW had one for so much cheaper.
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I liked the selection of dresses but I agree with pp that they are not as inexpensive as they make themselves out to be. Their customer service wasn't great either but then again, my BMs and I went in without an appt.

• edited December 2011
    I got my dress at the BW in Louisville, but wasn't impressed with the service.  If you buy your dress there, they offer you a discount on the bridesmaid dresses, and I wanted to get that.  So...I drove down to the Bridal Warehouse in Elizabethtown, where the ladies were SOOOO much nicer.  It's worth the extra drive, especially if you work with Denise.
  • thehansensthehansens member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I stopped in the Bridal Warehouse in Louisville just to browse the racks. I liked a few things and made an appointment for the next week. I made it in the evening to accomodate my crazy work schedule and the girl who waited on me was less than friendly.  I found a dress I loved on the rack, but it wasn't even close to my size, which I realized. So as I was studying it on the rack she appeared to tell me there was no way they could even pin that dress on me and to look elsewhere in the store. Nice. Didn't say they could order it, nothing. Just told me to move on. After I found another dress I wanted to put on she informed me I had back fat in that one. WOW. Now I realize I'm' not the tinest girl, but you never tell a woman - especially a BRIDE - anything about being fat. At that point I asked a different employee if they worked on commission. When she said yes, I left and made an appointment at the Elizabethtown (and original) store. I found the owner and a WONDERFUL woman named Pam who made the experience amazing when I went down. ..... I suppose it was fate because they had that first dress I looked at in my size and that's the one I ended up ordering!

I can't say that all the employees at the Louisville store are bad, but just be aware if you make an evening appointment and I would request to not work with Jesse. She was beyond rude!
  • edited December 2011
    I have to say, I had a great experience at Bridal Warehouse.  See if you can find Connie - she was my consultant, and was fantastic!  She was very supportive of me when my whole family was ripping me to shreds. 
  • edited December 2011
    Bridal Warehouse, though slightly cheaper, is not worth it. My sister bought her dress there. It took them months longer than quoted to have the dress in. We tried on some bridesmaid dresses while we were there, and a consultant actually called one of us fat! There was an overall air of chaos, and a pressure to just buy a dress, any dress. 
    I purchased my wedding dress at Bridal Suite of Louisville, a little more expensive, but excellently helpful and friendly staff! Others are mentioning Rebecca's, which is also an excellent choice. And if you happen to be of a size that would not need much alteration to a size 8, they have an enormous section of sample dresses on sale for cheaper than the average at Bridal Warehouse!
  • Deirdre1BDeirdre1B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bridal Warehouse for my dresses and bridesmaid dresses. My consultant Tiffany was great! But the bridesmaid had a had a harder time ordering their dresses.
  • edited December 2011

Do any of you know if they have a good selection of plus size dresses for mothers, bridesmaids and brides?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_bridal-warehouse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:fec06605-5a6a-4f85-bf72-bf25124db0f9Post:99a9a89a-7801-442e-a3ec-e59e1ba7a81e">Re: Bridal Warehouse</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do any of you know if they have a good selection of plus size dresses for mothers, bridesmaids and brides?
    Posted by austinandstella[/QUOTE]

Not for bridesmaids.  Not at all.  And they were RUDE about that too.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • bmerantebmerante member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a HORRIBLE experience at Bridal Warehouse. I went in with a couple of my bridesmaids (I have EIGHT) to look at bridesmaids dresses. We went in about 45 minutes before closing time. Our goal was to pick a style so that everyone could come in on their own and order their dress. While we were looking, an employee came up to us and asked "Are you buying dresses today or just looking?" She had a really rude tone to her voice and I told her we were looking to buy. Haha... Well we tried a few on and didn't like anything. We proceeded to look some more, and the lady told us that since they were closing that we could only try on 2 more. Ok? We tried on a couple more but while we were in the dressing room, FI overheard the saleslady talking crap about us and how we were messing up the dresses and how dare we come in so close to closing time, blah blah blah. He got so mad that he went and talked to the manager and demanded an apology, but we never got one. So we put the dresses back and were browsing around the store until they told us we had to leave and followed us to the door and locked it as soon as we walked out. I was so flustered and I looked at my watch to see what time it was, and they didn't even close for ten more minutes!! I was so mad! The only time that they were slightly nice to me was after they asked me how many bridesmaids I had and I told them eight. Of course they will be nice to you when they find out you have eight bridesmaids.

Moral of the story... don't waster your time there. They are so rude. Make the drive to wherever people are saying the service is better. These consultants don't deserve your commission.
  • BRITTNESS83BRITTNESS83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am in my BFF's wedding in Aug so I went to try on her BM dress and I figured while I was there I would try some on for me! lol The one chick was SUPER RUDE...Im thinking it might have been Jesse but then I got a girl named Tiffany to help me and she was awesome!! She picked out the dress that I will probably end up buying

• vroby01vroby01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to disagree. I worked with Connie at BW and she was THE BEST!!! I guess it depends on who you get...COnnie picked out my dress at a great price. She had great advice and I bought the first one she pulled for me. It is worth it to work with her.
  • edited December 2011
    I had Connie when i went too. She was great, not pushy, and very supportive of my choices as well. She was really busy and double-booked that day, but made sure we were taken care of. She also had some hilarious opinions to share!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards