California-Central

Reasonably priced Outdoor Ceremony Sites in the Central Valley

My fiance and I are hoping to marry outdoors on a very limited budget in September of 2011,and I have checked several places online,but wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything,since none of them jumped out at me. We would be fine going to Turlock,Modesto,Escalon or anything in that general area. Thank you very much for any assistance!

-Sonja Rachel Jones (soon Corey)

Re: Reasonably priced Outdoor Ceremony Sites in the Central Valley

• kate4stevekate4steve member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Where abouts in the central valley? If your looking at Fresno area, check out the Fresno County Sportsmans Club. We have reserved a Saturday there, outside grounds are free for the ceremony, they are beautiful 13 acres groomed along the san joaquin river. Then there is a reception hall that includes tables and chairs included in the rental fee of 550. You can rent the kitchen for about 150 or so, and the playground for kids, and they also provide clean up. For our wedding and reception its running us around 1150. which is decent for the amount of space you get. www.fresnocsc.org is the website. Good Luck!!

• edited December 2011
    Wow! Thanks for the tip!  I also am looking for a location in the central valley!  I'm gonna have to check this place out :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi all,

Don't forget to check out many of our local (in the Fresno/Madera area) wineries. We have booked Engelmann Cellars for October 2011 and have to say it is the best deal in town and one of the best wineries around. Also, check out Tivy Mt. Winery, beautiful grounds and fantastic wine. Both wineries are still very reasonably priced. Also, Nonni in Fresno is beautiful and combines both outdoor and a cellar room if desired.

Happy planning. Glad to see Central Valley people connecting!
  • beerquafferbeerquaffer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what your budget is, but Tiber Canyon Olive Oil Ranch in San Luis Obispo is under $3000 and the site is beautiful! Dancing Horse Ranch in Paso Robles was very reasonable according to their website, but I've read elsewhere on the board and on the internet that they're not doing weddings anymore. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm just starting to look too, but I've had some trouble getting responses from some of the vendors in the past two weeks--perhaps people are still coming back from the holidays?--but if I find out about anything well-priced, I'll post. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Has anybody been to Ridge Resort Golf in Dinuba.  It looks really nice, but can't see it in person because I live in Reno.  I want to have my wedding in the central valley though because all my family is there.  I'm really psyched about the no site fee for the reception and $500 for a ceremony of 50 & meals start at 18.75, so this would be a really affordable option for me.  Plus I love that they include the gazebo, chair covers w/ sash, & will put up centerpieces for me.   I just want to know if this place is too good to be true.  Let me know if you've heard or know anything about it.  Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I actually don't live too far from Ridge Creek golf course in Dinuba. I think it's really nice out there and all their facilities are kept up nicely and everything is very new. It opened only a couple years ago. The only thing is that there aren't many trees out there like most people think of when they think of a golf course. It's a links style course, so that means it has very few trees (most of very small since the course is new) and lots of sand bunkers and rolling hills. I think the course and clubhouse are beautiful for a wedding though.
  • edited December 2011
    my honey - oops! fiance now! - golfs there a lot.  And I used to drive past every day on my way to work.  At the time it was brand new, so there were very few trees, but they are growing.  Depending what month your wedding is, it might be fine, but from late May through October it can be high nineties to over a hundred degrees around here, so you'd need an indoor option.
  • edited December 2011
    To OP- you might not want to put your full name on your posts since these boards are open to absolutely the entire world.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards