California-Central

Beach ceremony sites?

Hey everyone! I'm trying to figure out the best way to host a ceremony on the beach and an indoor reception in a banquet/ballroom. I don't need them to be at the same location, just somewhere near each other. Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to do this on a budget? I can't spend $4,500 just to get married on a beach at the marriott, not including food or ANYTHING but the ceremony? Ya know?

So, any good beach ceremony ideas to keep cost down and then I can look for a reception venue around that? Any ideas would be MUCH appreciated. Looking for anything in Southern California and for 75-100 guests.

Thanks!

Re: Beach ceremony sites?

• edited December 2011
    The Sea Cliff and tha Sea Venture are beautiful venues.  Not sure of the cost though.  They are located in Pismo Beach.
  • beckerz03beckerz03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want Southern California, try posting on the Orange County or Los Angeles board.

However, Avila Lighthouse Suites have a beach ceremony available. I believe it was $750 for the ceremony. I know they also have a place available for a reception, but I believe it was on the more expensive end and did not offer food with it (that was a separate cost).

http://www.avilalighthousesuites.com/

SeaVenture also offers beach ceremonies, but if you want to keep it under $4500, then this is not the place for you...with the reception costs, it can get pretty expensive. However, I do not know if they just offer ceremony only.

HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • edited December 2011
    How Southern are we talking here? I'm having my ceremony and reception in Pismo Beach and we're right on track for our $5000 budget (we're having around 100 guests).

We're having the ceremony on the cliffs at Dinosaur Caves Park which is going to cost us about $400-500 including chair and decoration rentals. And we are having the reception at Giuseppe's Italian Restaurant. They are awesome because they don't charge a rental fee if you reach the food and beverage limit (which for the full facility is $2600. We did the math and at $30 a plate we should be right above that. It's a 3 course meal which is nice; a salad, a pasta, and then the final entree.

My Bio: Updated 5/18/11

June 2011
    My Morgan!

Photobucket

Miss Dayna

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011
    Hey! Thanks to everyone! This has been helpful.

Dfer, are you having to get a permit for the ceremony site? Not sure how that works exactly. Also, does the restaurant you're hosting your reception at have a dance floor? Just curious... Thanks so much for the info! VERY HELPFUL!
  • edited December 2011
    For the place we're doing the ceremony at there is a rental fee. It's not too expensive but we decided we'd rather have a secured spot rather than take the risk of someone  trying to use it the same day as us. If you wanted an actual sand ceremony, we were considering Avila. You don't have to have a permit but they do recommend them for parties over 100. Same thing with Pismo beach. IMO Pismo would be easier than Avila though because, especially if you wanted a weekend wedding, Avila will be packed.

Depending on the size of your wedding, Giuseppe's has a couple dance floor options. We're having around 100 guests so basically when we get there tables will be set up all over the place for the seated dinner. After dinner they remove some of the tables and rearrange a bit, and make room for a dance floor.  If you have less people than that they can set up the dance floor immediately.

My mom had her reception there in January, and a friend is having theres in August. It's a pretty popular spot it's an awesome price and they have great food. The even planner Jamie is really helpful. He stays in contact and they'll set up the reception area for you, just bring in your decorations!
    My Bio: Updated 5/18/11

June 2011
    My Morgan!

Photobucket

Miss Dayna

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011

As far as pismo gos you cant beat the sea venture, thats where i booked my wedding at! Ceremony, reception, food all in one spot for a pretty fair price. But def not on a 5k budget, its costing us around 7k, not including their beach house we have also rented out for the weekend. But for me its totaly worth the money, thats where we got engaged at an have spent almost every anniversary there!! Good Luck with finding somewhere!!!

• edited December 2011

Thanks everyone for the info. I guess I should have clarified, I'm not on a 5k budget. I'm actually on a 10-15k. What I meant about the $4,500 was that some places charge $4,500 for the ceremony alone and that simply won't work if I have 100 people attending and need to stay around 10k.

Thanks again to everyone! I've been researching all these places thanks to you. :)

• edited December 2011
    Watch out for the place above Rincon Point Beach, it has mice and spider problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards