California-Central

When and Where to start????

I have 552 more days until my wedding/vow renewal. I don't know where to start, I found my dream dress online, haven't went to try it on or anything like that. I know you're thinking if this is her vow renewal she would know how to plan a wedding? Well, not really :) When we got married the first time it was done in the courthouse because he was heading to bootcamp(US Marine). So I didn't get the chance to plan a wedding. After a 2yr separation we realized we belonged together and plan on getting "married" again in 2013.

My question is where do I start? I'm lost LOL. Since I have until 2013 to get everything together, do I start now or wait until next year to get started?

Re: When and Where to start????

• edited December 2011
    There's no harm in looking right now but there's probably not much I would recommend actually doing just yet. A lot of people say you should wait until about a year out to start fully planning, which is a good rule of thumb.

The only thing you may want to look into is your venue. If you're looking to use a specific place you should talk to them and ask how early they tend to book up. Some venues can book up to several years in advance, especially if you're getting married in a popular wedding month.

Have you gone through and set a budget yet? Figured out how many people you want to invite? Talked with your husband about what kind of event you're both wanting (formal? casual?)?

My other forewarning is to be aware that a lot of people on these boards may flame you for planning your vow renewel like an actual wedding. Just a heads up.
  • PookiesonPookieson member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm not getting married for another 2 years, but I am a college student, so I'm starting now because I'm going to have to do a little at a time.  Also, I wanted a great venue so we started now.  I'd say do what you can do RESEARCH wise.  We have a budget, a guest list (tentative), an inspiration idea board, some idea of what catering is going to cost (depending on location) and are looking into venues.  It gives us some flexibility too because if I find something over budget, but we both love it, it gives me the option of saving more per month for what I want...good luck with your vow renewal.

June 1, 2013 - finally making it official!

• MrsMendoza26MrsMendoza26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I hope I don't get a lot of bad comments for that. We are doing it that way because when we first got married in 2006, we went to the courthouse because he was going to bootcamp(Marines), so we didn't exerience a real wedding. After years of saving up we want our real wedding :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards