Indiana-Indianapolis

Ritz Charles

To any ladies who are having or have had their reception at the Ritz Charles in Carmel......I have a budget of about 8,000 for the reception/catering.  Can I afford the Ritz Charles?  I contacted them but haven't heard back yet and I haven't been able to find any hints as to what the prices are there online. Thanks!

Re: Ritz Charles

• angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am getting married at the Ritz Charles!

Go meet with them...they can work with you and customize your wedding package.  They do everything solely on a per person basis.  Inside, it ranges from $55 to close to or over $100 pp.  That includes EVERYTHING though...plus your wedding cake.  They also do all of the set up/tear down so you have nothing to worry about on your day of. 

They can take things out (for example, reduce the open bar to just beer and wine) to reduce costs.

I was told the minimum is $7,000 for a Saturday night.  (not a big difference...but a small one).  We are having a relatively small wedding of approximately 150 guests so it was in our budget and I am thrilled so far with the service I have received.

Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh no...i guess i should say that i am having my reception there! 

the chapel is gorgeous but it's 1200 to get married in it.  that was a bit steep in my opinion when i could get married in a church for half that and there are some stunning churches in the area!
    Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on your guest list size and flexibility wiith not having a weekend wedding, The Mavris downtown is beautiful and will do some great packages for weekday weddings.  We're having our reception there on a Saturday, but now they only do inhouse catering so it's a bit higher than when we booked. Good luck!
  • purdueamandapurdueamanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Back when I had my wedding there last Septemeber, it was a $7500 food and beverage minimum plus tax and gratuity.  But like other posters have said, just check with them because they might be able to work with your budget.  They are super helpful and easy to work with!

GL!
  • linann333linann333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you!
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is no food and beverage minimum if you have your reception in the garden pavilion and there is no fee to use the site.  They have several packages to choose from for food and drinks starting around $60 and seem very flexible.

The chapel is $1500 to use.
  • jbutler0331jbutler0331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in October.  The Chapel is $1819 after taxes etc for a Saturday evening wedding which is pretty steep but we're not members of any churchs in the area and it was very important to me that the wedding and reception be in the same place.  Half of my guest list is from out of town (mostly the east coast) and I didn't want them to have to drive all over town after having to travel here.

The min F&B is $7500 in the banquet hall.  They have several packages starting at $55/plate which includes a 4 hour open bar which we felt was pretty reasonable.  If you use the pavilion, it's about an extra $6.50/plate on top of the package price but I don't know about the F&B min.

I've been working with Kristin Hornberger (khornberger@ritzcharles.com) and she's been amazing to work with.  If you haven't heard back from a general inquiry, you might try contacting her directly.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there.  I too am looking for some pretty churches near the Ritz Charles.  Any ideas?  :)
  • jprochjproch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be honest, the Ritz Charles is over rated!  Plus your min. has to be $7000! That is just to start!
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_ritz-charles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:611Discussion:0b3a0d0a-edef-4a28-be0d-4467d55d02d9Post:32c55ab3-7cf2-4330-93d4-d56694b5ecc8">Re: Ritz Charles</a>:
    [QUOTE]To be honest, the Ritz Charles is over rated!  Plus your min. has to be $7000! That is just to start!
    Posted by jproch[/QUOTE]
    Why would you dig this thread up a year later to say this?  Besides, it's not very nice to say nasty things about someone's chosen venue.

It's fine if you have actual criticism, but to just say it's "over rated" is very broad and not helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards