Indiana-Indianapolis

HELP!!! I need a catholic priest!!!

My fiance and I are both from Milwaukee, Wisconsin but we will be getting married in Indianapolis.  It is sort of considered a "destination" wedding since we do not have any friends or family in Indianapolis. We are struggling to find a catholic priest to perform the ceremony.  We have contacted multiple churches in Indianapolis and they said that we must bring our own priest.  We do not have a family priest that is willing to travel the distance with us.  Any suggestions on local priests that might be willing to help us out??  Thanks for the help! :)

Re: HELP!!! I need a catholic priest!!!

• kmgreccokmgrecco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Where are you getting married?  A church?

• vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Someone who is actually Catholic can correct me if I'm wrong - but I'm pretty sure that you'd have to bring your own priest because to get married in the Catholic Church you have to do the pre-cana classes.  I think you have to do the classes with the priest who marries you.  I don't think a Catholic Priest will marry some random people that he's never met before.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, we will be getting married in a church.  We found a church downtown that we like but they said that we have to bring our own priest.
  • hjay07hjay07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Father Wilmoth at St. Roch church. I'm not Catholic, so I don't know all the rules really, but he's a pretty laid back guy and may at least have some ideas for you.

• kelnash89kelnash89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it is not a Catholic Church, then a Catholic priest will probably not marry you. However, you could try contacting the Archdiocese of Indianapolis office to see if they have anysuggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards