Indiana-Indianapolis

Getting Close!

Hello Ladies!

I know that ocassionaly we have a few ladies that just got married that hang out around here to give advice. My question, for newlyweds and those of us that are engaged is... Do you have any advice for the day of? Any suggestions to help make things go smoother? Stress relief techniques? Or perhaps a little detail that shouldn't be over looked?

One piece of advice I have been given already is that once you reach the alter, take 30 seconds to soak in each other, and mentally take a picutre of that moment so it will stay with you forever. Then take another 30 sesconds to look out and see everyone that has shown up to support you as individuals and as a couple.

Anything else would be very welcome!

Thanks! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Getting Close!

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hire a Day of Planner.  Seriously.  Worth every single penny.  And make a super detailed list of everything that needs to be set up.  And then go enjoy yourself and let the DOC worry about the details. 

For us, my husband didn't have a chance to packhis suitcase for the wedding night, so he had nothing except what he was wearing.  We got a toothbrush from the hotel, bu that was it.  So make sure that you both have things packed and ready to go. 

And, make sure that you wear comfy undergarments and shoes.  I felt so good in my dress and was completely comfortable.  My shoes were wedge flip flops for the whole day (minus one pic with the shoes I really wanted to wear, had bought when I was previously engaged and nixed because I got married outside and they had a heel and I didn't want to deal with that in the dirt). 

Also, have plenty of water and food for you and your bridal party as you're getting ready. 

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards