Indiana-Indianapolis

The Sanctuary on Penn

Has anybody been to a wedding here or booked their wedding at the Sanctuary?  I've heard some mixed reviews, but I really like the look of the place.  I know it's still undergoing some renovations.

Re: The Sanctuary on Penn

• I've read a lot of good things on here and elsewhere. I'd be interested in finding out how inclusive it really is. Good luck!
  • The Sanctuary is a beautiful location and I've photographed events there a number of times. It is quite intimate though... maximum number of guests would need to be small. If you would like to check out some b-a-utiful wedding pics look me up. joelcookston.com/blog   Happy Planning!
  • I looked into doing our event here and had a lot of trouble getting my phone calls and emails returned. When I finally was able to get on the phone with him, he was very vague regarding the pricing. Said they could do it for as little or as much as I want.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_the-sanctuary-on-penn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:611Discussion:45a8b17f-1e59-4503-b8a1-06873782dc26Post:4cfc6a6e-f906-4628-80c0-01765b3c1bf1">The Sanctuary on Penn</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anybody been to a wedding here or booked their wedding at the Sanctuary?  I've heard some mixed reviews, but I really like the look of the place.  I know it's still undergoing some renovations.
    Posted by Kcguerrero[/QUOTE]

My friend had her wedding and reception at Sanctuary on Penn. Words cannot describe how disastrous this experience was for her and her family. The owners literally served week old cupcakes to her guests. They were hard as a rock. They were also told that they had exclusive rights to the property for the entire day and when they showed up for pictures there was another wedding party there having pictures taken. The air conditioning was not working, so all of the guests were sweating. Their sound system was not working, so the parents of the bride had to borrow one from their church just hours before the wedding. They hung her dress next to a leak in the ceiling. ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS AND THE OWNER REFUSED TO GIVE THEM EVEN A DIME OF THEIR MONEY BACK.
  • We got married there in the fall of last year. The church-beautiful. The food-amazing. Working with the people there-frustrating. All inclusive means they offer it. It doesn't necessarily mean they have a reliable vendor lined up. My suggestion is to check it out with this in mind. They will walk you through the building maybe even go over the "dream sheet" with you but ultimately you are on your own. I would not use there "convenient" vendors because on top of the charge you pay for the service there is a tax (expected) and then a gratuity (not sure how this applies to flowers or stationary, food service maybe) that equals 22%. It is a percentage on the total, so the flat rate for the room is also charged a gratuity.  Much of what I have read is that they are hard to get a response from. We found this to be true in our case as well. In the time we booked with them they had hired and eventually lost a wedding planner. We never got an email about either occurrence. Even though we eventually met with said wedding planner we didn't know she left until I finally got so sick of not being answered by email and phone call (a few short weeks before the wedding) that I physically went to the sanctuary to find out what the hell was going on. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards