Indiana-Indianapolis

Indiana Specific Welcome Baskets?

My fmil wants to make small welcome bags for our out of town guests.  She wants to include a few things that are unique to the state...but I am struggling to think of things!

We thought of little chocolate racecars, orville popcorn, and then throwing in a bottle of water with a custom label.  I was also going to create a pamphlet of things to do in the area, with maps.  Any other bright ideas ladies?
Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Indiana Specific Welcome Baskets?

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the chocolate, do South Ben Chocolate Company things.  And definitely include something about the racetrak.  Also, check this website for more ideas: http://www.visitindiana.net/madeinindiana.htm

ETA: clicky link
  • edited December 2011
    If your guests like wine... there are several amazing Indiana wineries... Depending on your likes... do not forget about the many universities and sports teams as well!
    02.26.11 is the day I finally marry the love of my life...
  • edited December 2011
    Oliver Wine (Bloomington)
    Easley Wine (Indianapolis)

Ditto the South Bend Chocolate Co. suggestion!

Custom CD with John Mellencamp, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, and Axl Rose songs? :)
  • smilz4milzsmilz4milz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just decided to pop in over here and saw your post.  I just had a city/ state gift exchange with ladies from all over the US.  I included Cousin Willy's popcorn (Orville Redenbacher doesn't have Indy on the package...I think it says it's made in CA), Amish apple butter, and Colts socks (if my lady isn't a huge Colts fan, then the emblem is mostly hidden).

I love the custom CD idea!  If I have enough time to make one before I head to the post office tonight, I am soooo doing that!
  • edited December 2011
    I've often wondered about this myself.  So many other places have food-y things you associate with them (Ohio buckeyes, Florida oranges, Vermont maple syrup/candy, etc.)

The only food anyone I know ever says can be associated with Indiana are tenderloins, and those aren't exactly OOT bag-packageable.

I know that euchre is played quite commonly in many areas of the state, so maybe throw in some playing cards?
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Another Indiana food item I would recommend would be apple butter.  It's non-perishable, and you can buy small containers of it.  Obviously anything corn-related would work... caramel corn, popcorn ball, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards