Indiana-Indianapolis

Recommendations

Hi there!

I am originally from IN but have moved to Florida. My wedding is in 7 months at Oak Hill Mansion in Carmel, IN and I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend the following:

Florist

Cake

Ceremony Musician 

I will be taking a trip up north in April and would love to set up some appt to meet with vendors =]

Thanks ladies
?The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.?

Re: Recommendations

• edited December 2011
    We're using Heavenly Sweets in Noblesville for our cake, and Adrienne's Florist in Noblesville for our flowers. Ceremony music is covered by the church, so I'm no help there.

Heavenly Sweets has some of the BEST cake you will taste in IN. She's dropped her prices a bit because of the economy, so her prices aren't unreasonable depending on your budget. The baker herself has a...slightly pushy personality. But as long as you don't expect her to ooh and ah over you like some vendors do she's great.

Adrienne's Florist doesn't look like much on the outside. It's a pretty tiny floral shop, but he does great work. As morbid as this sounds, I found him because he did my late-aunts casket flowers and they were the first non-cheesy/terrible looking casket flowers I'd soon, so I called and scheduled an appt to talk to him.

He's VERY detailed, and will talk you through your ideas, how to improve them, make things flow, etc. It's actually pretty cool because you can tell he loves what he does. We sat down with him and he had a quote ready for us in a week or so. He'll work with you and your ideas or help and input his own, whatever you like.

Good luck! Maybe you'll have luck with one of these vendors. :c]
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Classic Cakes in Carmel and Painted Daisy for our flowers. She works out of her home, so her prices are more reasonable but still extraordinary. You can google either and find contact info. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Jeff Day as our ceremony musician.  He is an acoustic guitar player/singer.  We are using non-religious music, but he said he is able to do traditional wedding music as well.  If that's the kind of thing you are looking for, I highly recommend him.  Oh, and I have already seen him perform at another wedding!

His contact info is 812-272-0728 and he lives in Fishers.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Serendipity which is out of Indianapolis, Plainfield area.  She has a place at the new Metropolis mall there with her own banquet hall and catering.  But her cakes are amazing.  And very very reasonable.  Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    We are actually using Indy Cakes for our wedding . But I would reccomend Encore Cakes and Desserts in Noblesville. She is an amazing cake designer and their cake (especially the chocolate is unbelievable and the prices are awesome).
  • edited December 2011
    I have two recommendations:
    1-Cretia Cakes. She did my wedding cake and I loved it, plus she's super nice and affordable. It's just www.cretiacakes.com.
    2-If I may be presumptuous, I actually play for ceremonies myself. I went to Butler for music and really like playing for events where everyone is so excited and happy! www.sonatamusic.weebly.com. Otherwise, try emailing universities like Butler, that is how I got contacted about most weddings when I was in college. 
    Sorry i don't have a florist recommendation, mine stopped doing wedding florals this year!
    Good luck!
    --Kendall
  • jbutler0331jbutler0331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My office manager got married at Oak Hill 2 years ago and she used Classic Cakes out of Carmel for her cake.  It was phenominal!  I'm using Kathy's Kloset (www.kathysklosetofflower.com) for my florist.  She did my cousins wedding, did an amazing job and was able to come extremely close to my very small budget.  She talks design and what you like first and then helps you come down from there to your budget so that you can get as much of what you want as possible.
  • edited December 2011
    I second the rec on Heavenly Sweets.  It was the best tasting cake in Indy!  Also, I hired The Dolce Trio for my ceremony music - www.dolcetrio.com. I have seen them at several weddings & they are wonderful.  The trio consists of a flute, violin & cello.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards