Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

Newbie, needing advise

Hi all!!

I am slowly planning our wedding in Oct. 2012. I am still in school so at the moment I do research when I have a few spare moments. I am now getting to the stage to where I need some advise. I have never really thought about what I want my wedding to be, and I tend to be more of tomboys, so I need some feminine advise. 

Here are the details I have come up with, I want an outdoor wedding in October, colors are Orange, steel, and cream with brown accents as needed. And I have yet to find a venue, I don't want to go overboard with the price but I want a rustic/homie feeling place to hold the reception (where the food is not going to be outrageous). And originally I was thinking a vineyard for the outdoor ceremony. 

Any comments advise and suggestions would help immensely. 

Re: Newbie, needing advise

• Options
    angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a beautiful wedding!  Congratulations on your engagement!!!  I really enjoy posting on this board.  The girls here are extremely supportive and friendly.

As far as a vineyard location...I'm not too familiar with the options in Indiana.  You could consider a destination wedding.  There is a partner at my accounting firm that owns a vineyard (Ertel Cellars).  It is in Batesville, IN towards Cincy.

http://ertelcellars.com/index.html

It has a restaurant there as well, but I think it's pretty pricey.  I think you will run into that with most vineyards, though.

Hope that helps!
    Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JK...I looked at their menu and it really isn't that outrageous (18-25/plate range). 

Also, if you look at the photo gallery, there's a picture of a bride & groom.  I think that's the partner (owner) of the winery.  He recently married his wife.
    Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement! I think your colors sound great for the fall. You could check out Brown County for a venue...it's beautiful there in the fall...

If you can afford to spend 40.00+ a person, you might check the Ritz Garden pavilion. It's a glass building so you would really be able to see the fall colors, etc.

I'm not sure where you are in Indiana, but you might also check out Lumier De Corps...it would be BEAUTIFUL for a fall wedding...and is aprox. 20+ a person

You may also check out the Conner Prairie Barn or see if there are is a barn in your area that rents out for weddings....

Just a few thoughts. Happy planning!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement! I guess it just depends on your guest count and what part of Indiana you're in. Winchester Place (www.winchesterplace.com) in Greenwood IN is really nice for outdoor weddings. Avon Gardens (www.avongardens.com) is also really nice. Both are pretty affordable but again, depends on how many you want to invite. Hope this helps.

Cassandra
    www.bridewithquestions.blogspot.com

image 153 Invited
    image 115 say they can't wait
    image 26 Can't make it
    image 12 Have not respond
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions! It really helped out and really motivated me to be a excited about planning the wedding. I have it narrowed down to BoMAr Farms and Avon Gardens. :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people and what does your budget look like?

Also--love your colors, if we hadn't been able to have an April wedding(like I've always dreamed) I wanted a fall one! :)
    Photobucket .:.Marci.:.
    image Of 155 invited:
    image 74 Will rock out the night!
    image 11 Are party poopers!
    image 70 Are procrastinators!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We don't have a set bedget, we are talking to the parents and getting all that information together in the next month. We would like to stay under 12,000.00. We are extimating high on the number of people at 150. Both sides of the family are travling to the Indianapolis area since it is a middle ground for both. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you need a photographer you should check out http://site.nvisiblephoto.com/
    Also I would look at Hubers Orchard and Winary for a location its very pretty!
  • Options
    INArchitectINArchitect member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trader's Point Creamery, in northwest Indy, has a beautiful old barn that they rent for weddings.

http://www.tpforganics.com/private-parties/
  • Options
    SarahjlilleySarahjlilley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Martha's Orchard in Hendrick's County
  • Options
    ashmady11123ashmady11123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a DJ try Wise DJ Services - we used him and he was AWESOME.  Name is Josh. He has really good quality equipment, nice guy and found every single obscure song I wanted.  Reasonably priced, too.  His email is wisedj99@yahoo.com

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards