Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

Affordable Photographers

Just starting the whole planning, and I'm not sure how much photographers usually cost.  Can anyone give me ideas of what I should expect to be paying?  Does anyone know of affordable photographers?

Re: Affordable Photographers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using a newbie photographer. She is really good and easy to work with.

Here is some info:
    www.prbynatalie.blogspot.com
    Wedding package is $1,500.00. This includes an engagement session with 25 edited photos, full day on wedding day (getting ready - few hours into reception), with 100+ edited photos. You will also receive a 11x14- 35-40 page photo album. After a $30 purchase of photos on-line she will send you the CD with no copyright restrictions. All of her photos are sold at cost on very nice paper, example; 8x10-$3, 11x14-$8, 8/wallets-$4.

I told her this was a bit out of my price range, budget wedding, and she helped us set up a custom package that was in our price range.

Edit:  If you want to see more of her pics I can get you her e-mail or send you a link with additional photos
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should def check out http://site.nvisiblephoto.com/ I used them for my wedding this past Oct and my best friend just used them in May several other friends of mine have used them also! They take beautiful pictures! Very affordable...I think their cheapest package is $1000 and most expensive is $3000 and there are two of them depending on what package you pick! Last I heard they were offering free engagement shoots you could always email them and ask if they are still doing that. Hope I helped! :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm a regular on the Louisville boards but I have a friend who is getting married later this year in Indy so I always lurk.  :)  I know that the photographer I'm using mentioned that she wanted to start breaking out into other areas.  Not sure if there would be a travel fee involved but you could always check her out!  If you are interested - www.amandaeganblog.com. Good Luck!  :)

• Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Summerly Photography
    http://www.summerlyphotography.com/Site/HOME.html
    Packages range from $550-$1100
  • Options
    athlete010688athlete010688 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using a friend that is a photographer.  Her website is skjphoto.com.  Her packages are amazing.  For just under $1000, I am getting an engagement session with a CD with all the pictures with copyright release, all day wedding coverage, 250 4X6's, 6 5X7's, 4 8X10's, CD with all the pictures with copyright release, a 20page 11X13 wedding album, and online gallery for viewing and ordering additional prints. She's also on Facebook - Sarah Jackson Photography.  She also has other packagess - let me know if you want details for those.
    Anniversary image

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Jacquie Carman out of Hope, IN down near Columbus.  She traveled to Louisville for our wedding and was amazing.  For $950 we got epics with DVD and printable rights, wedding rehearsal college, all day wedding coverage, DVDs with printable rights to that, and a $200 print credit.  Plus, she's amazing to work with and is a former Knottie.  http://www.jacquiecphotography.com/
  • Options
    indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Donna Rice photography. She has taken family pics as well and I love her up beat attitude she displays and you can just tell she loves what she does. She has been taking wedding photos for probably over 30 yearss and that is something to consider when choosing a photographer. I think my package I chose was $1,300.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Jenna Davis. She is amazing and very reasonably priced. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took $ out of other areas of my budget so I could spend more on a photographer. After all, photos will be one of the few things that we will keep for a very long time. 
  • Options
    krosebrockkrosebrock member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hoping a little self promotion won't hurt here? :)
    I'm just starting my business and feel I'm reasonably priced -- http://www.kellirosebrockphotography.com . I have several weddings this summer that will be going up there as well, its a little empty at the moment.

I'd recommend Melissa Copeland or Brooke & Pedro.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_affordable-photographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:611Discussion:794ca6aa-78b4-40ee-901d-8c890952fe2cPost:a9c2421b-daf5-4e87-a028-9be733ba0fbe">Re: Affordable Photographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hoping a little self promotion won't hurt here? :) I'm just starting my business and feel I'm reasonably priced XXXXX . I have several weddings this summer that will be going up there as well, its a little empty at the moment. I'd recommend Melissa Copeland or Brooke & Pedro.
    Posted by krosebrock[/QUOTE]
    No vendors allowed.  Reported.
  • Options
    sarailingsarailing member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked Anne Buskirk.  She is VERY reasonably priced and offers so much more than most I've seen.  She is very friendly and open to any ideas you may have.  You can tell she truly enjoys the art of photography and puts her heart and soul into each event.  Check her out at annebuskirk.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ebt Photography is really good the packages start at $599
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_affordable-photographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:611Discussion:794ca6aa-78b4-40ee-901d-8c890952fe2cPost:b6a02457-3c7b-4879-a86a-d008f67fc608">Re: Affordable Photographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ebt Photography is really good the packages start at $599 XXX
    Posted by photokid101[/QUOTE]
    Did you not see where I JUST posted and said no vendors?  Come on people!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards