Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

Date Night

Hi All-

I'm from the Cincy Board... a friend of mine from INdy is getting married this weekend (not sure if she reads this board so I will probably delete this thread after I get some answers) but we (her college roomies) were looking to go in and get her some gift certificates to some nicer downtown indy restaurants for some post wedding date nights...

1. good idea? something you would like to get as a gift instead of a another blender? haha

2. What are some nicer "date night" restaurants in downtown Indy (preferably no chains...)

THanks ladies!!
Jen

Re: Date Night

• Options
    hmcoyhmcoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on what she likes, but downtown Indianapolis has many nice places.  You could try Ruth Chris Steakhouse, Fogo de Chao, Harry and Izzys, The Oceanaire, and McCormick and Schmidts are all nice places downtown. 
  • Options
    jprinz1983jprinz1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love this idea :)  some of our favs are iaria's (italian), bu da lounge (sushi), mo's (steak/deliciousness), zing OR barcelona (both tapas places), and santorini's (greek...this is my fav with iaria's a close 2nd).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Rathskellar is a good place as well. Really good german cuisine.

Something else that could be kind of fun, and a little different, we enjoy going to dinner theaters and Beef and Boards is on the northside. It makes for a fun date night.

My last suggestion would come from my FI and I being winos, but Tastings of Indianapolis is a fabulous time. It is right in the heart of downtown and makes for a great couples night, or a night out with some close friends.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cjspencer35cjspencer35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think it's a great idea!

maybe you can call up one of their closer (geographically) friends or relatives and find out where they personally like to go out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards