Indiana-Indianapolis

Wedding Dress shopping

Hello,

My is not for a year and a half, but I wanted to get an idea of what I want in a dress (I do not even have an idea of what I want). I want to check out some places in Indy. Do anyone have any suggestions or places with really good experiences?

They just opened an Alfred Angelo in castleton that I may check out, any other places close to that?

Also, about how long do appointments take, and what will I need to bring?

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Dress shopping

• azchkyazchky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know the reviews on David's Bridal are all signicantly different - but I bought my dress at the one is Castleton and loved the lady that I worked with there.  She was very nice and very patient because I had NO clue what it was that I was looking for either!
  • indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in the same boat you were. Didn't have a clue about what I was looking for. I ended up going to Special Occasions and Consignment Shop on 31 South near Main Street in Greenwood. It is a smaller shop but the selection is quite extensive. I have had great experiences there. I went shopping with my twin nieces who are my flower girls and we found adorable dresses for them there as well. And my groom just picked out his tuxes from there.
    She has dresses from $99 on up. Tried on one I liked but knew I would have to lose some weight (however I am in the process of that right now). Tried a few others on that didn't do anything for me and I had decided I had spent enough time there and was getting ready to leave to come back another day and I took another look around and fell in love with the dress I got. It was a discontinued dress so I knew I had to grab it up. Spent more than I thought I would but as they say when you find the one, you know it. It will need to be taken in but no problems there. She does have layaway as well. Pictures of my dress are in my bio.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the knot, lady! I went to the David's Bridal in Greenwood and Kayla helped me and my girls so much---I couldn't have been any happier. When I tried on dresses, I went alone just to let myself decide without other factors and the staff was so helpful and honest. The only downfall was that she was working with me and another bride at the same time but at the same time, I went on a Saturday so it was expected. Good luck and congrats on your wedding!

Cassandra
    image 153 Invited
    image 115 say they can't wait
    image 26 Can't make it
    image 12 Have not respond
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also went to David's Bridal in Greenwood, I found my dress at an amazing price (it had just been put on clearance) but my service there had much need for improvement. I am not the type of bride that cared about the dress shopping (mom lives out of state and couldn't come) so my MOH and I went one afternoon and ta-da! Also, DB is coming out with a vera wang collection in Feb
    Pros: Nice selection, good prices, BM's get discount
    Cons: Some sales ladies are pushy and obviously in it just for the sale, but not all.. & can be PACKED!!
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have a great experience with the DB in Greenwood.  Sophia's Bridal is also in Greenwood and I have had a fabulous experience with them thus far.  I ordered my dress from them and picked it up a few weeks ago.  Their dresses are in the $750-$1550 range.

ETA:  wear the undergarments you think you may wear on your wedding day.  If you have a heel height in mind you could bring those shoes.  DB will make you wear one of their corset bra things, and will have you try on different crinolines depending on the syle of dresses you pick.  I think my appointments at each store lasted an hour or less.
  • edited December 2011
    I second the Posie Patch Bridal Superstore.  They have a great selection, reasonable prices, and the service I had was great!  The dress I found to get was also 20% off :)  I was in a David's Bridal once, and it's so busy, it stressed me out!  But Posie Patch wasn't like that at all when I went.  Also, it's in Castleton, there in the plaza with Trader Joe's, so very close if you're already going to be at Castleton Square Mall.  Good luck dress shopping!!
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't have an ldea of what you want, Posie Patch may be overwhelming.  When I was there they left me on my own to scope out dresses. It was too much. I would also try Nancy's on 86th if you are on that side of town.  It was relaxing and a great experience.  Definitely make appointments.. give yourself about 1.5 hours each location. 
  • angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are going to Alfred Angelo, there's also Bridal Superstore (as mentioned).  My only complaint with Bridal Superstore is there are like a million dresses and you get to try on 5 per appointment!  UGH!  I also went to Brides by Demetrios just down the street...they're a little pricier.  David's stressed me out so much...I had horrible service.

I got my dress in Brownsburg at Bliss Bridal.  AMAZING service!  I think it's a great place to start because it is a smaller shop so you aren't as overwhlemed at first!

Happy shopping :)
    Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • emilyec1emilyec1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Nancy's Bridal. I really appreciated their service, but I would recommend making a weekday appointment (or on a weekday at night). It will be much less busy and crowded.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't selected my dress yet, but Alfred Angelo's in Castleton was my first stop.  I worked with Alex, and she is fabulous.  The only reason I haven't ordered yet is that I want to try to find something less expensive.  I have been a bridesmaid several times in the past and have had good experiences at the Posie Patch (Bridal Superstore).  I have only had horrible experiences at David's Bridal.  So much so that I refuse to go there.  Nancy's came highly recommended from a coworker as well, but I haven't been there yet.  Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards