Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

Off the rack in Indy?

I'm thinking an off-the-rack or sample dress is more budget friendly for me than ordering. i would really appreciate any tips on where to look around Indy that has low-cost dresses. I have already looked at Posey Patch, nowhere else though. Thanks so much for your help!

Re: Off the rack in Indy?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Demetrios(sp?) or David's Bridal?

I also found this website..
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Special Occasions in Greenwood. On US 31. Cross street is Main. They have dresses for $99 and up and I just put one on layaway yesterday.
  • Options
    bryler2012bryler2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to shop around because buying off the rack isn't always the best budget friendly option. You have to take into consideration the dress cleaning and you might still have to do alterations. Dress shops who know you are looking to buy off the rack might up the price slightly or have you sign something saying by buying the dress there you have to use their alterations department. David's Bridal is notorious for this! I would definitely recommend not going there because they do not have the best work and all of their dresses are designer knockoffs. I definitely know when on a budget the idea of a designer gown matters less compared to price, but there is a way to get what you want while still honoring the budget! Almost ALL dresses are are made in China, then sent over, so why not try the dress on at wherever you can find it then order online online. I know people are leery of online, but you just have to be smart about it.

Probably the best advice I could give is to buy this book: Bridal Bargains by Denise & Alan Fields. It is amazing and has saved me soooo much money!

Best wishes to you!
    Mrs. Jaynes Vacation Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards