Indiana-Indianapolis

Dress shopping

Have any of you been to Brides by Demetrios? I'm pretty sure that's the last place I can think of here in Indy to go to. I liked Alfred Angelo, can't find anything at David's Bridal or Sophia's in Greenwood, and really didn't care for the staff at Posie Patch. I've seen Demetrios gowns that I LOVE online, but wanted to make sure it would be worth my time before driving up there.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress shopping

• edited December 2011
    I got my gown there!  Definitely go.
  • edited December 2011
    I have an appt on Brides by Demetrios on Sunday, if you'd like I can PM you afterward and let you know how the experience was? 

I also have appts at The Wedding Studio in Carmel on Sunday, and Nancy's, Posie Patch, and Lucy's Bridal on Sunday.  I'm honestly most excited about The Wedding Studio and Lucy's because of the brands they offer.  I'd be happy to pass on any info/reviews that I can give you!  Just let me know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have never heard of Lucy's or The Wedding Studio, I may have to check them out. I was on the north side today and popped in to Demetrios, and the dresses are gorgeous but the ones I liked we're way out of my price range :-( I would love to hear what you think of Lucy's and The Wedding Studio :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about the designer labels but I really liked Special Occasion and Consignment Shop in Greenwood. It is on 31 south of the mall and just before Main Street. The owner is great to work with and gave me some really good deals. 

• edited December 2011
    Kat - yesterday my appts were at Demetrios and The Wedding Studio... I ended up giving up my Demetrios appt to a girl who walked in at the same time as me who didn't have an appt and had travelled from out of town.  I had a feeling that things were going to be out of my price range as well, so I wasn't that worried about seeing their stuff.

Went to the Wedding Studio after that and had a great experience!  That said, everything was far over my price range... The least expensive dress I tried on was $1650, and I don't want to spend nearly that much.  (My jaw really hit the floor when the saleslady told me that one of them - my favorite of course - costs over $5000... no thank you!)  For someone with a larger budget, I would absolutely recommend The Wedding Studio; Cassie was very sweet and helpful, and all of their gowns are gorgeous.  They sell primarily Birnham & Bullock gowns. 

Will let you know about today's appointments later!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    To follow up.... 

Nancy's:  Not so impressed, really.  There wasn't anything I personally LOVED there.  Although they did have a lot of gowns, I'm looking for something lacy and elegant and I felt like there wasn't anything in that category.  Also, the sales staff wasn't especially personable.

Posie Patch:  Big selection and a wide range of styles.  But wasn't impressed with their service, either... I've been there before with friends and felt that way too.  

Lucy's:  This is a pretty small salon, so not a huge selection.  But the saleslady was very very kind, and also helpful.  I didn't find anything that I loved, but she showed me pictures of gowns that they should be having shipped in in the next month or so that were exactly what I had in mind.  She had clearly listened to what I was looking for, because the pictures seem pretty close to perfect.  She's going to email me when they arrive so I can go back to try them on!   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I thought the same thing about Nancy's when I went there back in April. I had heard such good things though that I thought maybe it was just a bad day. I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one who thought that. Sounds like the type of dress you want is going to to be really pretty! It's nice to know that there are still small places that listen! I'm sure you can't wait til they get those in so you can see them :-) I think I'm going to end up getting mine down in Columbus at That Special Touch Bridal. They sell Maggie Sottero, Allure, Mori Lee, and Essense. They don't mark their dresses up like Posie Patch either. I found the same dress I LOVED at Posie Patch, down in Columbus for about $300 less.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nikki71Nikki71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress this weekend... in Cincinatti! It's just under a 2 hour drive and was totally worth it! They have styles/designers that are nowhere in Indy! I had tried Posie Patch (felt rushed), Nancy's (good selection, I thought), Sophias (eh, not great selection) and Alfred Angelo (was better than I thought it would be!) previously, but didn't find EXACTLY what I wanted.

Cincy is worth the drive, ladies! So happy I found my dress! :)
  • edited December 2011

I went dress shopping on Saturday for the first time ever, and Brides by Demetrios was my first stop. Their customer service is excellent! I was greeted as soon as I stepped in the door. I was helped by Narah, and she was great!

I saw a dress I loved there, but I wanted to go to my next appointment at David's Bridal that afternoon before making a decision. I absolutely fell in love with a Gallina Signature gown at David's, and will be going back this weekend to make the purchase!

Brides by Demetrios is expensive though. Ironically, the dress I've decided on from David's is actually more than the one that I wanted from Brides! Wink

• Anyone on a budget should drive to Greenfield and take a look at Kristy's Trends... They buy gown from stores that are going out of bus. and offer an AWESOME layaway plan...they have over 4000 sq ft of dresses!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So, I've set up a few appointments for next week..... including one at Posie Patch. I am kind of terrified of going there and am considering cancelling it.
    I'm not SO much turned off by the outside appearance of the store, but more of the reviews I've seen. If you look at the Google reviews it seems like they're all fake, 5-star ones. They have the rating and like, a few words.  The ones that don't seem phony are all really, really bad!

Opinions?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards