Indiana-Indianapolis

Mock Wedding Cake

I am thinking about doing a Mock wedding cake made out of styrofoam. It will cut the cost of a real wedding cake by ALOT!! I am just going to buy some sheet cakes to serve from the kitchen so no one will know my cake isnt real. But I do not know of anyone who would be willing to decorate it for kinda cheap. I will have the syrofaom blocks ahead of time. I just need someone to decorate a fake cake.
Does anyone know anyone who can help me???

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mock Wedding Cake

• Nikki71Nikki71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is not exactly what you had asked, but I dont think you need to have a mock wedding cake! In order for it to look as nice as a real bakery cake, you'd have to pay someone to apply icing/decor anyway. Why not have a small bakery cake for you and your hubby and the bridal party/parents? That is the cake that can be on display. Your guests might realize they're getting sheet cake, but I don't really think they'll care. You'll still have that wedding cake cutting moment and a cake on display without incorporating styrofoam!

Just a suggestion :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm an intermediate-level cake decorator and blogger here in town who is considering doing the same thing for the cake for my wedding on August 4th. I will say that I am not a professional (I'm actually an interior designer), and I only do cake decorating on the side. I've taken all the Wilton classes within the last year, and I have a website showing all my cakes at http://specialoccasioncakes.vpweb.com. If my work sparks your interest, please private message me!
  • I've sent you a PM on how I can help you if you still need it. Check me out at www.adcakerental.com instead. It's still under construction; 5 more fake cakes to come before the end of February, and 12 total by the end of March!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards