California-Tahoe

using a rental house for wedding reception

hello! do any of you ladies have experience or knowledge on whether it is OK to rent a house for a wedding reception? i've been browsing around and seems like there are a lot of city ordinances in place. some VRBO places said they forbade any wedding parties. 

we are trying to keep it simple but unfortunately our guest list has become longer than we thought... we also are trying to save $$ and while there's some beautiful reception sites in town, we can't afford it. we have a friend who owns a catering business and will give us a discount so we just need to find a place to have the reception. 

any ideas? much appreciated!!! :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
surprise BFP 1/1/12 ~ EDD 9/10/12 ~ M/C 2/2/2012
thank you, baby angel, for showing us we can DO it!
appt with RE 11/1/12 ~ "you should take a HPT, your period's due soon" "yeah right"
whoops! surprise BFP #2 11/2/12! ~ EDD 7/13/13 ~ you gotta stick, lil one!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: using a rental house for wedding reception

• edited December 2011
    I was going to do this originially but a ton of them clearly said they do not allow weddings, which was really discouraging. I would check their site and if they dont specifically say you cant, or dont specifically say "no more than XX Guests" then you could always just go for it?
  • edited December 2011
    I know a lot of them wont allow a "party" but I found one that was right on the beach and they said it was fine. I went to tahoecabinrentals.com  Hope that helps. You have to look through them though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • aaschoeffleraaschoeffler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of doing the same thing. I don't want to rent a full event facility since my wedding will probably only be 50 or 60 people, if not less. I thought renting a giant, beautiful vacation home would be a fun, intimate, and maybe more budget friendly option. But besides the fact that many owners say "no wedding parties," I'm also worried that if I found one that allowed it, would there be enough parking? But I suppose that depends on the individual property. I'm still going to look into as an option, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards