California-Tahoe

BEWARE of Events Ink in Tahoe

Events Ink
152 Highway 50
Stateline, NV 89449
Owner: Cynthia

I’ve been fortunate for the most part with all of my wedding vendors. I think that they have all been exceptional thus far as we prepare for our wedding in 19 days. There’s a major exception to my overall positive experience and that lies with Cynthia and team at Events Ink. They definitely moss the boat when it comes to quality customer service,  communication and overall good business practices. I placed a request on etsy.com (where I’ve had great luck with this one exception) explain exactly what I was looking for as far as my wedding invitations went. Cynthia quickly responded and we worked out the details. During this process Cynthia over-serviced-her response times were exceptional and I felt like she would be a great fit. So, we paid the deposit for our invitations and from there it quickly went downhill. Where I had been receiving responses within an hour to 24 hours it began taking 2, 3, 4 days and one point it took over 10. 24-48 hours I think is a reasonable expectation to receive some form of a response from someone I am paying to do a job. It doesn’t have to be detailed…heck I just want acknowledgement that my question, concern etc has been acknowledged and that we/they are working to figure things out. I especially think this is reasonable considering how on top of things she was BEFORE she had any money from us! So, low and behold when our proofs were over a week late from what she had told me and my emails went unanswered and my calls fell on deaf ears I finally received a response and was told that as a measure of good business because of their poor service on that issue we would be getting 50 thank you cards that went along with our theme on them. Annoyed that my proofs took over a week longer than I had been told but appreciative about the thank you’s I said ok and left it at that. So, proofs go back—her response time continues to increase with no explanation. So we’re given a window of 5-10 business days to receive the completed product once we send the proofs back. Proofs go back and the 10th business day hit with ZERO communication from anyone at Events Ink. I email them to see what’s going on with the invites only to get a snippy response back from one of the staff there through Cynthia’s email explaining the business day window—I work within “business day” parameters every day and the last thing I needed, wanted or would have expected was a response that was actually incorrect based on previous communications from Cynthia, the owner. Then we get an email the following day from the same email address (and signed from Cynthia) saying that due to a snowstorm they were backed up. Funny because none of the local schools were closed when this so-called snow closed their shop. Ok, I’m from the snow belt and understand that it can change things but to have to chase an answer, chase my invites and have a snotty response from an assistant is unacceptable. Am I wrong to think that I should have received an email in advance of the very last day where I should have received the invites explaining that there was a delay? The assistant also said that we owed $$...well, no kidding the agreement was the deposit (which was paid well in advance) and the remainder of the balance when the invites were ready! NO ONE said a word that they were ready. Instead we received the runaround, condescending emails and were left with a horrible taste in our mouths. Back to the free thank you’s—you guessed it…over 2 months later, promises of tracking number (never received) and countless messages and we still don’t have them!

Re: BEWARE of Events Ink in Tahoe

• edited December 2011
    I've actually had a fantastic experience thus far with Cynthia at Events Ink.

You aren't from the area, so perhaps you wouldn't get this: Cynthia lives on a road that isn't plowed by the County in the winter. When a nasty snowstorm hits, she and many others can't get out....and trudging six miles through waist deep snow to work is just....wrong.....

Mail from Tahoe or headed to that area seems to take about three times as long as everywhere else. I don't know what the USPS is smoking up there....but that's the way it is.

I'm sorry to hear that you were displeased with your experience, but blaming people for situations that are out of their control is a little tacky.

"Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards