California-Tahoe
Options

regan beach west?

hello all! this is my first post... :) 

i'm not engaged yet, but my FI-to-be and i have agreed we want to get married 9-10-11 in lake tahoe. we'll be on a strict budget (parents not helping out) and since i'm from new york, i like the idea of getting married in a park. i found regan beach west, and it seems like a very nice & pretty place to me. 

thought i'd ask around to see if anyone knows! we live in the bay area, and can't get to lake tahoe til late in june to see the place ourselves. 

thank you!!! :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
surprise BFP 1/1/12 ~ EDD 9/10/12 ~ M/C 2/2/2012
thank you, baby angel, for showing us we can DO it!
appt with RE 11/1/12 ~ "you should take a HPT, your period's due soon" "yeah right"
whoops! surprise BFP #2 11/2/12! ~ EDD 7/13/13 ~ you gotta stick, lil one!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: regan beach west?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Be careful with Regan and some of the other beaches. They are public, so depending on the time of year, they can be really crowded. Labor Day is the last hoorah for Tahoe's summer season, so it will likely be VERY crowded in any space open to the public that close to Labor Day.
  • Options
    Sunshine5978Sunshine5978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's very true.  The beaches can get extremely crowded.  You may want to consider a more out of the way area.  I am getting married Tuesday on a bluff overlooking Emerald Bay.  I will let you know how it goes and how the venue is!
    ~ Trish ~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mbgallagmbgallag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went up there last weekend and checked out Regan Beach West and a few other locations. The grassy area where you have the wedding is tucked away from the public area and they have signs posted that it is reserved for a private event.

What time are you planning on having the ceremony? If you have it in the early evening around 5 or 6, the beaches aren't nearly as crowded. We first checked out lakeside beach at noon and discounted it thinking it was too public. We went back at 6 and a wedding was in progress and I fell in love with the location. There were only a few people on the beach, and there was a sign posted and a staff person to keep people away so even though it was a "public" setting, it still seemed very intimate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards