California-Tahoe

From Ohio... need help with ceremony/reception locations for small wedding!

Hi Ladies!

Was hoping you would help share some recommendations for ceremony/reception for a small wedding (30ish ppl ) in Lake Tahoe... I'm looking for my sister... her fiance is from New Zealand so she is dealing with all the legal work on marrying a foreigner, and as her MOH it is my job to find some locations for her wedding...

This is going to be a destination wedding and we will need something that has nearby hotels, etc to accomodate everyone travelling.

Looking for possibly something outdoors .... maybe even a bed and breakfast type? Or any other unique locations? Any ideas would be appreciated! I am not familiar with Lake Tahoe at all and don't even know where to begin!

The wedding will be in the summer, but unfortunately won't have a date until the paperwork goes through...

TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: From Ohio... need help with ceremony/reception locations for small wedding!

• edited December 2011
    Hi! If you want to hold a 30 person wedding, there are many spots in Lake Tahoe that would be perfect. I feel semi pro at this now, since I am planning my Tahoe wedding from afar too. Here it goes!

Here are 2 great venues!

Ehrman Mansion/Sugar Pine Point State Park.
    Some of the prettiest water Tahoe. With 30 people, you can get married in the pier. It is beautiful! I spoke to a Ranger and they said they do many pier weddings, with receptions up at the mansion. Rental fee is $3,000, but the place is yours. We had too many people to use this site, or else I would have loved to have held ours here.

http://www.gotahoenorth.com/weddings/wedding-and-reception-sites/hellman-ehrman-mansion.html

Gatekeeper's Lodge (Where I am getting married)
    This venue is on the North West Shore, in Tahoe city. I think it is about 4 acres and gorgeous. It is right on the lake where to Truckee River meets the lake, and although it is not a traditional lake view, it is still stunning. Also a $3,000 facillity rental. The place is a blank slate, so you can get REALLY creative here with the style/decor of the wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards