California-Tahoe

Vendor Reviews North Lake Tahoee

I just got married this past June in Incline Village (North Lake Tahoe on the Nevada side). Here are some of the vendors I used:

Ceremony Site: St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, Incline Village, NV
This church must be one of the most beautiful churches to get married in. It overlooks the lake and has big windows behind the alter allowing in lots of natural light. Fr. Bill is fantastic as an officiant. Many of our guests are not Catholic and we had many people tell us after that they would attend church more often if they had a priest like Fr. Bill. My husband is also not Catholic and neither is his family, and he made them all feel very comfortable throughout the entire process and ceremony.

Reception Site: Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe, Incline Village, NV
We had our reception in the Lakeside Ballroom at the Hyatt. It is right on the lake and has doors leading right out to the beach. Everyone raved about how beautiful the lake was all day. If you are coming to Lake Tahoe to have a wedding, you might as well enjoy its beauty all during your wedding day. I had a daytime wedding so we could enjoy the views of the lake all during the reception. The ballroom itself is not especially beautiful, but I hear they will be renovating it this fall. I had my florist help me make the space prettier with the use of linens. I would also recommend that you use the wooden chairs the Hyatt offers over their ugly green chairs. We had our cake made with the bakery at the Hyatt and thought it turned out great. Everyone loved the food as well!

Florist: A Bud & Beyond, Incline Village, NV
Christina with A Bud & Beyond was fantastic. I showed her pictures of flower arrangements I liked and she created all of my centerpieces and bouquets perfectly. Like I mentioned above, she also help me make the reception space more wedding appropriate by putting swaging with ivory linens across the ceiling and some paneling across the unsightly airwall. She also got me floor length tablecloths. She really transformed the space and made it custom to what I was looking for.

Photography: Jen Schmidt Photography, Incline Village, NV
Jen was great! I used her for my engagement, boudoir, and wedding photos. Everyone that has seen my photos have commented on how great the photographer was and how she was able to capture each moment perfectly. I highly recommend Jen.

Makeup: Andrea with Artistry by Andrea, Reno, NV
Andrea lives in Reno, but as with Jen, I used her for my engagement, boudoir, and wedding photos. She is so great at what she does. She did the makeup for my maid of honor, my mom and husband's mom. My mom usually doesn't wear makeup and likes a natural look, and Andrea was able to give each of us what we were looking for. She made my mom look so beautiful that my brother, who has never seen my mom with her makeup done, didn't even recognize her at first. Andrea made each of us look so beautiful. She really is amazing and talented.

Hair: Natasha with Cetana Salon, and Aveda salon in San Francisco, CA
Natasha is my regular hair stylist (yes, she is so great I travel from Lake Tahoe down to San Fran every other month just to see Natasha). Of course, she is amazing enough it is worth the traveling to see her. She made my hair look so great that when I show people my wedding photos, almost always the first question is "who did your hair?" I know this isn't terribly helpful to Tahoe brides because Natasha is 4 hours away, but she was fantastic and I highly recommend her!

Nails: Cheri with Nails by Cheri, Incline Village, NV
Cheri is so great. I started going to Cheri about 3 months before my wedding to get my nails ready for the big day. I hate fake nails, so I started using shellac to keep my nails strong and to get the shape right. On the day of the wedding, my nails looked perfect. I had shellac french manicure on my nails and regular french manicure on my toes. Cheri does work alone, so she can only do one girl at a time, but she does such great work!! I booked her out the day before my wedding to get everyon in. I actually did my toes two days before to make more time availbale the day before for the girls to get their nails done. Cheri is so good at what she does and will work with you to get everyone in. 

Gown: Swoon, a Bridal Salon, Reno, NV
Michele and Alisha at Swoon were so great in helping me find my wedding gown. The shop is a smaller boutique; I loved the individualize attention I received going to a smaller shop. All of their gowns are beautiful and the girls are so great at pulling dresses that worked for my shape. I loved my wedding dress and highly recommend Swoon.

Music: The String Beings, Reno, NV
The String Beings are a string quartet from Reno who are all apart of the Reno Symphony. They played during the reception and for the first hour of our reception. They were great and I loved having the authentic sound of a live string quartet at our wedding. 

DJ: Dylan Thomas with Lake Tahoe DJ, South Lake Tahoe, CA
Unfortunately, not every detail about a wedding will be perfect. Being in Lake Tahoe, I felt that finding a DJ was the hardest part of planning our wedding. Dyan was very nice and kept the flow of the reception running smoothly, but we did have a few complaints. First, he mispronounced my maiden name when calling my dad up for our father/daughter dance. My mother-in-law was suppose to give a blessing before the meal and he forgot to invite her up after the toasts. Lastly, he asked us for our 10 must play songs but then didn't play even one of them. During the reception I didn't notice most of these things, but talking with my husband and family afterwards we noticed these mistakes. Overall, everyone had fun and enjoyed the music and the reception, but he did forget all of the details which were unique to our wedding. 

Invitations: Papermoon, Reno, NV
We used Papermoon for all of our paper goods (invitations, table names, thank you cards). They did an excellent job and were very helpful. Many people commented on our beautiful invitations.

Almost all of the vendors we used we were more than happy with and they really helped to make our wedding day so special. I enjoyed every moment of our wedding day and really appreciate all of the help and support from our vendors who went above and beyond to take the stress off of me as a bride. Lake Tahoe is a beautiful place and I cannot imagine a better place to get married. Just keep in mind that the winters up here can be harsh at times, and even the spring weather can be unpredictable. I recommend having a wedding here anytime between mid-June to the end of September. It is very rare to get snow during this time. Good luck and enjoy this time! I really enjoyed planning my wedding, so make sure to savor this time of preparation :) I hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards