Canada-Ontario
Options

trading in gold at jewlery stores?

hi ladies,

i'm wondering if anyone has had any experience in trading in gold at jewlery stores, or heard of any experiences in doing so?

i have inherited some gold wedding bands and other rings with the intention of using these to help finance my wedding rings.

has anyone gone to any places like that 'olivers jewlers' with the terrible commercials, or any of those kinds of places? i'm kind of scarred of their legitamacy. ideally i want to go to a jewlery store where i can use the credit toward the purchase of my rings but not even sure where to start.

i'm in the gta. any suggestions are welcome, thank you!

Re: trading in gold at jewlery stores?

• Options
    colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard thet they give you way below what it's worth. I think your best bet is to go to several stores to find the best price. Harolds is not that far from Olivers at Bathurst and Glencarin. With the price of gold lately, most small jewelers are also buying gold. I wouldn't send it online jewelers because I've heard problems with these. Shop around. Maybe if you say you'll purchase your rings with someone, they'll give you a better price.
  • Options
    nmcarthurnmcarthur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ya that's exactly what I'm hoping! I'd never mail in thats so risky. It seems the only two options are scrap gold, or selling it as estate, cause it is a lovely ring but... just not for me. I'm definitely going to take it to a few places!
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently traded in a wedding band and it's true, you are not going to get the same amount that you paid for it or that it's worth. Definately shop around; you will find some places will offer different prices. I went to a small jeweller in the west gta (I found them by searching the yellow pages in my area) and although I didn't sell the ring for the cost that I bought it for, it was the best price I got compared to the other 3 locations.

All the best!
  • Options
    nmcarthurnmcarthur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    may i ask where you went and got a good deal? i too am west gta.
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_trading-gold-jewlery-stores?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:03576aae-e11c-48a9-930d-dd53b94ecff1Post:270a7af3-02ef-4655-8f50-837a3f155009">Re: trading in gold at jewlery stores?</a>:
    [QUOTE]may i ask where you went and got a good deal? i too am west gta.
    Posted by nmcarthur[/QUOTE]

Valencia Jewellery Inc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards