Canada-Ontario
Options

Pics in TTC Station

hi ladies,

I'm curious if I need a permit to take photos inside a subway station.
There's a subway station 2 min from the church i'm getting married at, I thought it would be a fun idea to have just a couple of pics in the subway.

Did any of you do that?  

Re: Pics in TTC Station

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can probably grab a few without attracting too much attention, but you do need a permit, technically, so someone might stop you.  I looked into it too - my dad works for TTC and you can rent a streetcar to take pictures with, but I didn't want to spend money on it!  

I got some great street pictures with a streetcar as background - it even stopped a bit longer for us than was necessary at the red light so we could get the shot - for both my engagement and wedding pictures, and my dad has them in his office at work.
  • Options
    StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as I know you need a permit, same rules as the public parks. If you're lucky you just get kicked out, sometimes they issue tickets Undecided
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think it's a really cool idea. i'm not sure if you need a permit but honestly if it's 2 min from your venue just run down there and get as many shots as you can. if someone stops you just plead ignorance and leave. i don't think anyone will issue you a ticket for this. a friend of mine told me one of her relatives tried to take pictures in a park i think it was edwards gardens but didn't have a permit. they couldn't get one because the city workers were on strike at the time. the park people just asked her to stop taking pictures and that's it.
  • Options
    lisafalon84lisafalon84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i don't think they give permits.  if you ask them... they will tell you no pictures inside stations.  people just walk in and shoot until they are told to leave. 

I guess it would depend on the time of day.. day of the week and the indvidual collector's thoughts.  I heard some will let you in without paying just so you can take some... and come back out...

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I don't want to get a ticket just in case. Our wedding is on saturday so we would be taking these shots around 4pm so it might be busy along the subway line.
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be best to ask someone from the TTC to avoid any issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards