Canada-Ontario
Options

Affordable Invitations

Does anyone know where I can find cost effective (but nice) invitations?  We are having a small wedding (only about 100 people) so figurewe will need about 60 invitations...and really do not want to spend an excessive amount on these...but certainly want them to look nice.

Re: Affordable Invitations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got ours at Michaels.  They have some nice designs and you put them together on your own.  If you look for sales and save the coupons for them you can get a great deal.  Don't pay regular price!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have some inner craftiness, you can have Quills in Hamilton design your invitations and they'll order the paper for you too. They will do full assembly, but you can cut your budget in half by doing the assembly portion yourself.
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends how much you want to spend... like PP suggested Michael's is probably the cheapest - you can get kits for $20-$30.

You can also use VistaPrint (www.vistaprint.ca) - design your own invitation and then get them printed through them.

Another option, if you want to do pocketfolds, is to order pocketfolds through a company like www.cardsandpockets.com or www.papercircle.ca .  The pocketfold itself is usually $0.60-$1.20 each so those cost more but are still reasonable if you only need 60 invitations.
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michaels. If you're not picky, there's always stuff on clearance there. And even if you are picky, they have a wide variety of options - both in terms of style, and price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    vistaprint! You don't have to pay for ink and if you wait before ordering, they will email you tons of coupons. I got a 80% off one and have my invitations fully coloured with colour on the back. They look incredible! And I know personally I would have ruined a few had I made them myself, plus Michaels didn't have my colours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a place called Creative Bags - they have 2 locations, one in Brampton, one just north of Yorkdale that have more DIY invitation kits like Michael's, but they have a few more options.
  • Options
    SNTJ2012SNTJ2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your feedback everyone!  I have signed up with vistaprint and I am very excited about using them! 
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard good reviews about vistaprint but should things not work out, you can contact Stephanie - thepresse@gmail.com or www.the-presse.com/" target="_blank">www.The-Presse.com we used her and she works within our budget. She is also flexible in regards to if you see an invitation that you like and want to customize it (add or delete something) she can work with you.

Happy Planning!
  • Options
    SNTJ2012SNTJ2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks very much!  Will check her out too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards