Canada-Ontario

Roll call!

There seems to be a few newbies so please bring yourself out of lurking and introduce yourself!Regulars are of course, also welcome to contribute to this thread and introduce themselves to the newbies. I'll start:Names: Adriane & VictorWedding date: August 15, 2009Wedding colours: chartreuse, burgundy, fuschia, eggplant purple, champagneWhat do you do for a living: I'm an engineer trying to fix our healthcare system (long way to go!)Reception venue: The Suites at 1 King WestA nickname you've had: AL (my initials; difficult to shorten "Adriane")
Baby Birthday Ticker
Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w

Re: Roll call!

• raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Andrea and DerekWedding date: August 29th, 2009Wedding colours: chartresue and burgandy (ring_pop and I are obviously both brilliant)What do you do for a living: I'm a research engineer working for an automotive parts supply company.Reception venue: the new Atrium at the Royal Botanical Gardens in BurlingtonA nickname you're had: raynes!  based on my last name, it's what some of my girlfriends in university called me.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • roque.jessicaroque.jessica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Jessica and BrunoWedding date: August 14, 2010Wedding colours:  expresso brown, kiwi green and whiteWhat do you do for a living: I'm a new teacherReception venue: Paradise Convention Centre, The Prince RoomA nickname you've had: Junior(because of my initials)
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Kimberly & AdamWedding Date: March 27, 2010Wedding colours: Green and blueWhat do I do for a living: I'm a photographerReception Venue: The Coach House at Dundurn CastleA Nickname I've had: Other than my grandparents calling me "Kimmie" (which I hated!), nothing really.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Rebecca & KrisWedding Colours: Navy, Ivory, some Kelly greenWhat do you do for a living: ESL teacher (looking for a job)Reception Venue: Arghh, frontrunner now is The Waterfront Centre in HamiltonNickname: Everybody calls me Becca, anything but Becky.
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Meaghan and AdamWedding date: October 3, 2009Wedding colours: black, peridot green and pale yellowWhat do you do for a living: Assistant manager at a group home for teens with autismReception venue: The Delta Chelsea, Churchill BallroomA nickname you've had: Fred (I reminded someone of the character on Angel and the name just kinda stuck)
  • SeldomSeldom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Erica & MeganWedding date: October 10, 2010Wedding colours: Undecided, but something autumn-ish. We also love burgundy! What do you do for a living: Heritage conservation student, looking for a job as wellReception venue: Still working on thatA nickname you've had: None, really!
  • sugiepiesugiepie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Tanya & RussWedding date: October 31, 2009Wedding colours: black & Ivory (damask!)What do you do for a living: I'm a dental hygienistReception venue: St. Lawrence Town Hall A nickname you've had: "T"
  • AlePAleP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Ale & AlexWedding date: August 28, 2010Wedding colours: Black, white, lime greenWhat do you do for a living: I'm a student occupational therapist (4 weeks to go!)Reception venue: Liuna StationA nickname you've had: Poo :( It started off as Ale-poo and somehow my name got eliminated and just the poo part stayed around, unfortunately.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • GillyMikeGillyMike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Gillian & Michael Wedding Date : August 7th,2009 (11 days!) Wedding Colours: Black & Lilac more lilac than black What do you do for a living: I was working at a hotel up north but we moved and im currently not working until after the wedding Reception Venue: The Old Mill in Toronto Nickname : Beanz (GillyBean went to Beany which turned into Beanz)
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Victoria & FrankWedding date: August 22, 2009Wedding colours: white and lavender, accenting with blueWhat I do for a living: personal & corporate accountantReception venue: Muskoka Boat & Heritage Museum "Grace & Speed" (Gravenhurst, ON)Nickname: Frizzy (the humidity and I do not get along)
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Katherine & ConanWedding date: September 25, 2010Wedding colours: black, white and eggplantWhat do you do for a living: Currently a sales and marketing associateReception venue: St. George Banquet Hall (Waterloo)A nickname you've had: Kat... pretty self explanatory! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • leighanne82leighanne82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Leigh-Anne & RaymondWedding date: October 16, 2010Wedding colours: Eggplant, ivory, blackWhat do you do for a living: I'm an HR GeneralistReception venue: Working on it!A nickname you've had: LAM, LA, Leigh
    ~Leigh-Anne & Raymond ~ October 16, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    Sooles, which one? Geneva Centre?
  • Alice81410Alice81410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Alice & BenWedding date: August 14, 2010Wedding colours: Not 100% sure, but thinking ivory, champagne and chocolate brown. What do you do for a living: Occupational TherapistReception venue: Capitol Event TheatreA nickname you've had: AlAleP: I'm an OT too! Congrats on finishing the program and good luck on the national exam :)
  • ilinavillersilinavillers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Kristi & StevenWedding date: August 21, 2010Wedding colours: Navy, White, Yellow and Red (Nautical)What do you do for a living: Admin/Exec AssistantReception venue: Still lookingA nickname you've had: ilina (Started as kristilina but my sister got lazy)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone! Me and my finace are still in the really early stages of planning and our big "problem" is deciding on the venue, we will be having a church ceremony and I didn't want a traditional Italian hall-although I do want a large menu, any suggestions, I'm leading towards Liberty Grand...but is it good there?
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Jasmine & David Wedding date: July 24 2010 Wedding colours: wine + plum + splashes of orange What do you do for a living:Marketing Coordinator + Freelance Writer Reception venue: Imperial Room @ The Royal York A nickname you've had: Jazz
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Natasha and Nathaniel Wedding date: Undecided Wedding colours: Undecided for now. What do you do for a living: I am a student getting my BA in Political Science and History. And I work in the legal department of a company. Nate is a doctor.Reception venue: When the time comes. Probably The Royal York or the RitzA nickname you've had: Polly Pocket because I am SO petite. I am 5'2 and (used to be) 100 pounds.
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Jacqueline & SeanWedding date: August 28th, 2010Wedding colours: Pink and maybe something else (suggestions?)What do you do for a living: Teacher (Phys Ed., English, History, Politics, Guidance)Reception venue: TBD, but in Toronto for sureA nickname you've had: Jax
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Elizabeth and KeithWedding date: October.10.2010Wedding colours: Dark purple, black and silverWhat do you do for a living:I'm a RN in an oncology unit....Ring pop, good luck with fixin' the healthcare thing I am waiting with baited breath :)Reception venue: Madsen's Greenhouse in NewmarketA nickname you're had:If I told ya I'd have to kill ya! LOL
  • edited December 2011
    Names: Mareika and Graham Wedding date: October.16.2010 Wedding colours: Black, White, Ivory and Yellow What do you do for a living: Teacher Reception venue: Knollwood Golf Course in Ancaster A nickname you're had: Lubski...based on my last name...
  • AlePAleP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Alice! So excited to be working as an OT...at least until I get the results of the exam :)

Mareika: Knollwood is such a great place...I really wanted the reception in the tent but it didn't accomodate our guest numbers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow...I just realized I had the Canada link bookmarked since the new changes, and not the Toronto board specifically...so much to catch up on!

Names: Kathleen & Matt 
     Wedding date: August 7th, 2010 
     Wedding colours: cream, ivory, pearl, with a few navy blue accents
     What do you do for a living: Secondary Science Teacher
     Reception venue: The Royal York - Imperial Room 
     A nickname you've had: Kat, or Littlin (hence the knot name)

Nice to meet (and re-meet) everyone! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards