Canada-Ontario

Inviting minister or photographer?

My fiancee and I are not religious and are not members of any church. We have booked a community church for our ceremony and have met with the pastor who is willing to marry us. My question is to whether or not I should be inviting him and his wife to our reception or not? Also the photographer? If they stay for the whole event do I consider them as a guest and pay for them to eat as well?

Re: Inviting minister or photographer?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My question is to whether or not I should be inviting him and his wife to our reception or not? Yes, though if they're acting as a paid vendor and don't know you at all, it's likely he will decline.Also the photographer? If they stay for the whole event do I consider them as a guest and pay for them to eat as well? Most definitely yes. You can ask your caterer whether they have a vendor meal price, which is probably cheaper than a guest meal. But you definitely need to feed them, otherwise they'll be working through dinner time with no dinner!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the pastor doesn't know you personally, he/she is more than likely going to decline the invitation, or just show up for the cocktail hour to meet with some of the guests.  You still need to offer the invite, though. :)

Quick question about the invites though.  I know I have to invite the officiant and photographer, but is a verbal invitation sufficient, or do they need the full on invitation in the mail?
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards