Canada-Ontario

Need recent reviews of The Royal Ambassador

Hi everyone, i am having a destination wedding and booked this venue through my wedding planner of whom i have not met yet. i have gone into it with blind faith but she highly recommended it so her rep is on the line. recently i have heard pretty cruddy (okay 1 really cruddy) review about this place. i know no venue is perfect but i don't know if this is just the one voiced complaint out of hundreds of bad reviews

i am going to visit the venue for the 1st time in sept and i was hoping i could get some recent reviews so that i can address this with the hall. i have already booked it so there's no turning back but hopefully i can at least address some problems that you guys had or noticed.

or even if you do not have any reviews on this venue, what do you think are some things i should ask the hall to make sure they have?

thank you!!!

Re: Need recent reviews of The Royal Ambassador

• It is a beautiful venue.  My close family friend had her wedding there a few years ago.  The food was good and the grounds are stunning.    I almost booked there as well, but because I a lot of my guests are big drinkers, we wanted a venue that was close to hotels so we wouldn't have to worry so we had to pass on that.  Not sure if you booked the tent or one of the ballrooms, but either one is beautiful and you'll get great phoots.  They also have a good selection of food. 

As to what you should ask the hall to have - they include set up of chairs and tables.  Decorations are up to you.  You can ask about set up times.  If you're having a plated dinner, ask how many servers/bartenders will be available?  Pricing for children.  The usual. 

I'm not sure what you read review-wise so I can't help you there unless I know what was said.  Hopefully this helps.
  • hi jewel, the reviewer had their wedding there this may and compalined that the food order was incorrect. the staff forgot the chicken for the chicken and steak combo and then it was cold when they brought it

i'm not sure if they had a werdding planner but i'm really hoping that the fact that we have one will almost ensure that everything goes without a hitch there. again, it's her rep on the line and she has had weddings there before so she can tell when they are giving sub standard service.
  • Hey Annie,

That's definitely a huge oversight.  I hope she was compensated for that. 

Do you have a planner assisting you?  If so, she'll make sure that everything gets done on time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards