Canada-Ontario
Options

Reply cards

Hi there
So I ordered my invites online.   they look great.  I thought that the company forgot to send me envelopes for the reply cards but it turns out, they are like a post card, and are to be mailed without an envelope.  I don't mind it, it looks ok and has my return address on the back.  What do you think about this?  Should I buy envelopes or leave it as is?  Has anyone done a post card reply card before?

Thanks for your input.

Re: Reply cards

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take one to the post office to double check that they are the right size and cardstock weight for mailing, and also find out how much postage they need (postcards need less than letters, I think). Otherwise I think it's fine! I've heard of postcard replies before, and it's a little more green and cost effective too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were planning to use something similar, so I asked at the post office, and in Canada a post card requires the same postage as any other letter, in the U.S it's different. I think it's a great idea, though. If you put the return postage right on it your guests will figure out that no envelope is needed.
  • Options
    travellerlisatravellerlisa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing postcard reply cards and yes the postage is the same as for letters. Our invitations went out Saturday, so I am awaiting the first reply card coming back.
  • Options
    Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think post card reply cards are very unique...if I knew about them I would've wanted to do them !!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Postcard RSVPs are awesome and unique!
    As long as it's a minimum of 3.5 x 5" (i forget the max size though) you're good to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards