Canada-Ontario

What do you think of my idea?

Hello there,

I posted a while back that I was looking for a dance a group to incorporate some culture into my FI and I's wedding.

Well it turns out I cannot get anyone as every dance group that I contacted are not available the day of my wedding. Instead I thought I would ask the hall to make a cocktail drink that has a tropical taste to it and a mixed drink that has jagemeister or other german liquor in it. Then I was going to order these stir sticks that has a tag that says welcome in each of our language.

I alreay both a white plate for my wedding favours. I'm going to put in a bag then inside would have a dessert (nothing that will go bad) wrapped in a tissue with my favourite dessert from my culture and it would be sealed with a label that say's 'Brides favourite flipino dessert" and then for my husband to be it would be the same thing except we miight get this german chocolate he loves that his mom buys all the time or german coffee.
On the outisde tag it would say thank you in english and then both our languages.

So what do you think? I'm just tired searching for a dance group and might as well put the money towards this idea have. I don't know how else we can really incorporate our culture without costing too much.

Re: What do you think of my idea?

• Meaghann17Meaghann17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    seems like a good way of showing your cultures!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
    RSVP Date October 3, 2011
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seems like much less of a hassle and very personal to you both - good idea!
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think those sound great!  And it covers your favours too!
  • edited December 2011
    i think its neat!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_think-of-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:2194dadc-8118-4c88-b230-1d550783d545Post:b4a7bb3e-faca-4ab5-a692-0195b40390f4">Re: What do you think of my idea?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i think its neat!
    Posted by samanthadonoghue[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks ladies. Yeah the dance group thing was driving me crazy. I'm working on my invitations now and with just so many things to think about this just seemed easier.</div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
  • blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like that and it gets each culture to get to know the other at least a little. I would love it!
  • edited December 2011
    cute! and yummy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards