Canada-Ontario
Options

Engagement Photo Location

Hi Knotties,

I could use some help and advice trying to decide where to have my engagement pictures done.  We're supposed to get them done on the 20th (during the day, 11ish, if it matters) and I'm pretty sad there will be no snow :( 

Anyway, some of the locations my photographer has mentioned are:

AGO
ROM
Greektown/Danforth

I suggested:

Distillery District (but it's $250)
Brickworks (any idea how much this permit is?)

I have no other ideas, but would love some feedback or suggestions.  Anyone done any of these places? Did something cooler?

If it helps, my FI are pretty silly, down to Earth people.  We're not big on the fancy :)

Thanks!

Re: Engagement Photo Location

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did our at Brickworks and love love love our pictures!!! So many great spots!

We were told there was a fee but we weren't able to get ahold of their office so we just went with our photographer. We did it this past summer (August) after work one day and the light was perfect.

We only did the 1 location because we thought there were lots of locations within Brickworks.

If you'd like, I can send you some pictures to show you the different locations!
  • Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also try around King Street, St. Lawrence Market Area, Toronto St, Victoria St, and the streets in between.  There are some cool places for photos there.  We did ours around that area and had an awesome time.
  • Options
    KewiiKewii member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah:  I'd love to see some pics to see what it could look like :)  I'm out of country so I can't really check things out in advance.
  • Options
    Kewii: Send me a PM with your email address if that's ok and I will email you pictures. Post a message on this board when you've sent me a PM and I will get on it asap for you!!
  • Options
    we did ours in our neighbourhood - I wanted to get fall colours, so we went down to the don valley, near Rivedale Park.  We went down the stairs between the East and West parks (near Bridgepoint health), walked a little north along the path - we had photos with:
    - bridge
    - traintracks (they are no longer used tracks)
    - trees

Then we went back up the steps and headed over to the riverdale farm, where we got lots of different areas - overlooking water, another bridge, etc. Give me your email, and I can send you some of our samples.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards