Canada-Ontario
Options

Jameson Bridge construction and Gardner reduced to 2 lanes May -Dec

Hi ladies,

Is anyone else freaking out about the latest construction happening on the Garner that I heard this am on 680 news.  Gardner will be reduced to 2 lanes both ways for construction on Jameson Bridge...right during my wedding in October!!!  of course....

My venue is right outside that exit.  Although accessible via Lakeshore, I think that traffic will be a nightmare.

Not sure what to do now.  Thanks Toronto!

Re: Jameson Bridge construction and Gardner reduced to 2 lanes May -Dec

• Options
    mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,

Is anyone else freaking out about the latest construction happening on the Garner that I heard this am on 680 news.  Gardner will be reduced to 2 lanes both ways for construction on Jameson Bridge...right during my wedding in October!!!  of course....

My venue is right outside that exit.  Although accessible via Lakeshore, I think that traffic will be a nightmare.

Not sure what to do now.  Thanks Toronto!
  • Options
    rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maybe spread the word that there is construction and to expect delays.
    my friend got married just this passed October and sent out a last minute email due to construction in front of the church that started that week.
    my wedding guests will be travelling from Gardiner and it is also the CNE - August downtown.  I will spread the word, and hope.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, that sucks.

First of all, I wouldn't freak out about it yet. October is a while away, and over the course of several weeks or months, people may adjust to construction and take alternative routes, easing traffic slightly. Take a few drives through over the summer and in September, on a Saturday (or whatever day your wedding is), to judge for yourself how bad it really is.

A couple of weeks before my wedding, my church had to shut down its adjacent parking lot. Also, there was (and still is) construction on one of the major roads leading to my church. Fortunately, we had email RSVPs so I had everyone's email address. I sent out an FYI email to all of my guests to let them know about the situation, and suggest some alternative routes and parking locations. I got a lot of responses back about how considerate and on-the-ball I was :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't be freaking about about the Gardiner yet - there is construction all the time on city roads and everyone manages.  Send out an email or spread the word closer to the date to let people know - no worries!
  • Options
    mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI Ladies

Thanks so much.  Yes please spread the word to anyone getting married on Lakeshore Blvd., that would include: Atlantis, Liberty Grand, Boulevard Club, Argonaut Rowing Club***Especially, and all other destinations along lakeshore.  Looks like we are in for a longer hall than expected.  They are tearing down 3 bridges and rebuilding.  There are weekend closures on the Gardiner and also over night closures so beware.  Below is information I got from the city of Toronto.

www.toronto.ca/involved/projects/lake_shore_bridges/index.htm" target="_blank">http://www.toronto.ca/involved/projects/lake_shore_bridges/index.htm 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards