Canada-Ontario

Flowers in-season for September?

Hey guys, what kind of flowers are still in-season in early September? I guess you can get anything if you really pay a premium, but..

Re: Flowers in-season for September?

• edited December 2011
    Gerbras, dahlias....not sure what else! There's a lot of websites to check seasonal flowers:)
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is late August and we are using roses, hydrangea, delphinium, bupleurum and spider mums.

Things that are available all year are roses, orchids, lilies, gerberas, but of course if they come from the tropics they will cost more.

Also:
    http://www.wedding-flowers-guide.com/fall-wedding-flowers.html
  • edited December 2011
    Roses are always in season.

Using flowers that are in-season is very cost-effective, but also, fewer deviations are also cost-effective. For example, my boquet is a larger version of my BMs, so she doesn't have to order a different kind of flower. The florist is adding some ivory roses to mine to make it stand out a bit, and we are using ivory roses as the corsages for the moms/grandmas, for my FIs boutiniere and the dads/grandpas. The boutiniere for hte groomsmen is in the BM boquet also. Stick with 3-4 types of flowers. Oh and if you like this look, get your flowers open (rather than rose buds) and you will require fewer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards