Canada-Ontario

Poolside venue???

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to plan my wedding and I always really like the poolside wedding. 
I googled locations but couldn't find anything good..
Does anyone know a good poolside venue ?? 

Thanks Smile

Re: Poolside venue???

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any specific places, but I know there are areas with gardens and waterfalls.  I would be afraid of falling in the water - I've seen too many youtube wedding pool disasters!  You are a brave bride!  Some hotels might have a poolside location, but not too many in the city I don't think!
  • nmcarthurnmcarthur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    C Lounge in downtown Toronto... it's a bar but they have an outdoor patio with a pool type thing.. I remember seeing on a very....memorable....episode of Rich Bride Poor Bride (the groom was a bridezilla and I presume he's left his wife for another man, but thats another story).... and they put glass over the pool and had the ceremony on it. There's cabanas around it, very Miami-chic. 

http://www.libertygroup.com/c_lounge/c_lounge.html

Another west-end option in Burlington I like is Spencers Waterfront, they have a lil pool. AMAZING venue. It's a restaurant with extensive event facilities. Right on Lake Ontario. 

Hope these help! 

• edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest C Lounge when I saw your post...and I ended up booking at Spencer's (as I prefer to not pay Toronto prices) so there you go!  The 2 best poolside locations you can find in the GTA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha!  That is probably THE most replayed episode of RBPB, the C Lounge one with the gay groom.  Awesome.

Spencer's has a pond, it is nice but pricey (for our group of 120 people, a normal sit-down dinner package was $180 pp including tax/tip/room rental).

The RBG in Burlington has some water features, ponds, etc. and an indoor waterfall feature.
  • zeitgeist1945zeitgeist1945 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a party at the Thompson Hotel rooftop pool and the view is beautiful. It might be (actually probably will be) on the pricey side but just wanted to put it out there. The only other that I can think of with rooftop/pretty view with pools would be Sheraton on Queen Street.
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHAH the first place I thought of was C Lounge too! That groomzilla was more of a bridezilla.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards