Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Engagement Pix Today!

FI and I are getting our engagement pictures taken today! I'm so excited but I have to work until 2:00 and then go straight to Lewistown from State College to get makeup done because I won a free makeup session at the SC Bridal Expo last month!  I'm just hoping that my hair looks decent by then!  We're doing the pictures in Rothrock State Forest where we got engaged.  Any tips or ideas that we might want to think about?  Should I change my clothes during the shoot?  How many times?  Thanks ladies!

Re: Engagement Pix Today!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Luck! I have no advice, I haven't had mine taken yet but make sure you have lots of fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just had mine taken on Sunday.  Didn't get to see them yet though, can't wait.I wore jeans and took 3 different tops.  I just put shirts on top of each other instead of changing.  I started out with a tight fighting blouse, then put on another dress shirt that I could just put over my first shirt and you couldn't see it underneath.  Then last, we wore hooded West Virginia University sweatshirts cause we both went to college there, that's where we met, and we are huge WVU football fans.  Again, I just put the sweatshirt on overtop of the other 2 shirts.  You could also bring a cardigan or jacket to switch it up.We had our pix taken at a state park too so there wasn't anywhere to change.  Plus, depending on how much time your photographer is willing to spend with you, you don't want to waste most of it constantly changing clothes.  I also brought a couple pairs of shoes.  High heels for some of the shots, and tennis shoes for others where my feet weren't going to be shown.  It was kind of muddy where we were and we hiked a bit to find some good scenery.  To be safe, I'd bring lots of options.  I'd rather have more than enough than wish that I had something.Should be a beautiful day and certainly a beautiful time of year for outdoor pictures with all the leaves changing!Have fun!  You can check photographer's blogs to get clothing/pose ideas.  Does your photographer have a website/blog?  You can check the photograper I'm using for more ideascapturedbykatephoto.net
  • Options
    stace1814stace1814 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!I want a few in a dress so I'm taking one, but I have like 3 shirts that I can't decide between.  I guess I'll wait and see what FI decides to wear.   This is going to be fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sweatshirt is a great idea!! Thanks for sharing it. We will definitely have to borrow that idea because we met at college, so that's a great one to do. I would never have thought of that because I would have overlooked it! Thanks! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! It is VERY exciting!! We are getting ours done this Sunday. I haven't decided on attire yet. I think I am taking a coat so I will do some pics with the coat and some without.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MrsHarris2010MrsHarris2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have fun!
    To Err is Human...to forgive is Divine... IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards