Canada-Ontario

PSA: David's Bridal in March 2011!

I've been hearing rumours for a while, but now it's finally in print - I just read in my Spring/Summer 2011 weddingbells magazine that DB is coming to the GTA in March 2011!

Stores are in Mississauga at the Mississauga Shopping Centre (Argentia Road) and in Scarborough at SmartCentres Scarborough (Eglinton Ave).  See www.davidsbridal.ca for all the ino.

Pretty excited... My BMs and I are planning a trip to Buffalo in a few weeks to go check out their dresses and see what all the hype is about.  Maybe we'll order them from the Mississauga one once it opens.

Re: PSA: David's Bridal in March 2011!

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You just have to be careful with some of the quality of work and their return policy.  I've heard a few DB horror stories!
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard some horror stories too, but mostly with customer service and bridal consultant issues in-store.  A couple times of the totally wrong dresses arriving.

We'll go to Buffalo to check it out and see what's up and if we hate it, we'll do Alfred Angelo back in Canada.
  • LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David Bridals stuff is well...cheaply made. Since I'm living in the states atm, I popped in when I first went to look for a dress and as much as some of them are nice, I just felt like it was a wedding factor in there.

Anyways I guess everyone likes different stuff!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with Levenah...

I stopped in one in Buffalo hoping to get a good price on a dress.
    While some were beautiful - I found the quality is sewing and fabric was really lacking - especially considering the dresses were still $500 to $800.

I bought my dress in Whitby for $800 and it's beautiful satin and wonderful quality.

That being said... David's must be doing something right if so many woman are shopping there.
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought a good quality gown at a bridal store in the GTA too.  I wasn't going to skimp on that, and didn't want to deal with cross-border tax/alterations/etc.

But for the BM dresses, if we can get a decent dress for $100 less per dress (most at DB are $100-$140, bridal salons here are often $200-$250) for 4 dresses then it's worth it to at least check it out.  It takes 1.5 hours to get there, and we can have a day of shopping.  If we see nothing, we come back and order from here.  If nothing else, it is a fun afternoon out with the girls.

And since DB is such a monstrosity in the US, I can't imagine anything different would happen here.  People like a "good deal."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards