Canada-Ontario
Options

Engagement Photoshoot Locations: Field with tall grass near something urban? (uptown)

We're doing our engagement shoot late September. (Fingers crossed for non-freezing weather!!) sometime in the evening.

We'd like to look for a place to take shots in a tall grassy field (I'm thinking somewhere north of HWY 7?).  It should also be near somewhere grungy/urban-y for a more "edgy" version of the shoot a little later.

Anyone have ideas on locations in the Richmond Hill or Markham area?
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement Photoshoot Locations: Field with tall grass near something urban? (uptown)

• Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know it's not in Markham, but the area around the Waterside Inn is great for photo ops.  A friend of ours did their wedding there - they have tall field like grass as well as lake and boat shots and if you go downtown Port Credit they also have an urban look.  Their photos were stunning and I was surprised to see the different landscapes.

• Options
    SNTJ2012SNTJ2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Don Valley Brickworks. If you google wedding and engagement photos at Don Valley Brick Works I'm sure this is the kind of place you are looking for...not quite north of 7...but not far from it...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_engagement-photoshoot-locations-field-tall-grass-near-something-urban-uptown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:4a2d92f8-b91f-4f0f-b20a-127c376c5643Post:22e47886-b6ee-48fb-bfed-9cfcfb8a1819">Re: Engagement Photoshoot Locations: Field with tall grass near something urban? (uptown)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Don Valley Brickworks. If you google wedding and engagement photos at Don Valley Brick Works I'm sure this is the kind of place you are looking for...not quite north of 7...but not far from it...
    Posted by SNTJ2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you for this suggestion!!  We ended up doing our e-session @ Brickworks!</div>
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards