Canada-Ontario

save the dates, rsvp cards, extra little cards in the invites...are all of these necessary?

Hi everyone,
i jut received an invite to my friend's destination wedding. the invite was one card, the front was a little cute saying and design, the other side invited us to the wedding of her and her fiance, listed the name of the resort and a link to the wedding website for all info and to RSVP (she used The Knot's wedding website software and it looks great!!)

she sent out 50 invites and all in (invite, envelope, cute envelope stickers and stamps) came up to less than $65. her wedding is in feb and the invites are already out. granted it needed to go out so people can save money and book vacation.

all of this had me thinking...i am inviting 120 to my wedding. i was planning on making a wedding website with all of the info of my wedding. do i need to mail save the date cards?? my wedding is in sept next year, maybe i can send the invites 6 months in advance?

also, could i not just send a beautiful card inviting people to my wedding and directing them to my wedding website for all of the info and to rsvp? do people in this day and age still expect an invitation with 2-5 smaller cards with info on the ceremony and reception, maps, accomodations, rsvp envelopes, stamps for the rsvps etc..?? there is no reason an invite needs to be a significant cost. i have received a lot from past weddings and don't know where i put it (ok, i know i do have it though to get ideas for my wedding). im sure unless the guest is very close family, the invites are tossed after the wedding.

i cannot think of someone in my guestlist who is not computer savvy or at least know their way around one. if they don't have a computer, they MUST know someone who has one and if not, the library has one.

what do you think?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards