Canada-Ontario

Cool Venues in GTA, Mississauga, Oakville, Milton, Vaughn

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the knot (and newly engaged:) 
I would very much like to book a cool and contemporary venue (or a venue that can be easily trnslated into a contemporary feel)...something different...anyone have any suggestions?  I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks very much!
Oh yeah!  We are looking at a wedding of about 100 - 125 people...on a relatively shoe string budget.

I

Re: Cool Venues in GTA, Mississauga, Oakville, Milton, Vaughn

• edited December 2011
    Hi there!

I'm also newly engaged :)  -Feb 14th. Contemporary can mean different things to different people, so I will tell you where I booked and why!  Otello's banquet hall in Oakville (Royal Windsor Dr) -it has a smaller hall for 130 people max and a larger hall (not sure of max). It does outdoor/indoor ceremonies, if you were planning on having your ceremony there. The only downside: its off a major road and has only 1 outdoor photography area, so I am looking into purchasing a permit to take photos at a park (that's another story!). Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm looking forward to having my wedding here:

http://www.harbourbanquet.ca/gallery.php

I don't know if I would call it "contemporary"...but it has a very classy feel, is priced very well, includes a ton of options, and feels more like a yaught club then a banquet hall.  keep us posted on what you decide!
  • edited December 2011
    I think this would depend on your budget! We fell in love with Palais Royale, but it is pricey, so we are cutting costs in other places in order to have our wedding there. It's right on the water, and stunning inside. There are tons of great venues, art galleries, old heritage buildings, etc. You just have to look!
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends... how many guests are you thinking?
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We checked out Otello's too and loved it but it was out of our budget so we booked Pavilion Royale. If you are looking for contemporary there are a lot of places (doesn't have to be in a hall like SSaaeed mentioned)
  • edited December 2011
    I also booked the Harbour Banquet and Conference Centre in Oakville. It's on the water and so pretty.
  • SNTJ2012SNTJ2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reply.  We will check it out.
  • SNTJ2012SNTJ2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  We will check it out.
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have a smaller crowd, I really love Spencer's on the Waterfront in Burlington, and also Paletta Mansion in Burlington (also on the lake).  Spencer's is definitely contemporary but not cheap.
  • onetieronetier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Grand Luxe Event Boutique  www.grandluxe.ca

Magnolia Event Boutique - no website yet because it's new but it's gorgeous inside.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards