Canada-Ontario

Bridesmaid Dresses

Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if any of you have this issue or have any idea what a solution might be.

So I have four bridesmaids all differnt weights and body types from short and thin to plus size.. I want everyone to love thier dress and feel beautiful.

Any suggestions for a dress that will look great on everyone.  Help!

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you're ok with them not wearing the exact same dress, give them colour, fabric and length requirements and let them pick their own design. That way your girls will be able to feel beautiful and comfortable and will be more likely to get further use out of the dress if they had a hand in picking it.

Alfred Angelo is great for this since so many different styles come in the same colour.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My younger sister has been been a bridesmaid several times and has said that dresses that flare out at the waist tend to be more flattering for bigger girls, while still looking nice on slimmer girls.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you sooo much ladies!!!
  • edited December 2011

My bridesmaids are sizes:  2, 10 and 20. I told them that I wanted them to wear short dresses, the same fabric and colour, but they could choose the style. They ended up getting the same style as it was magically flattering on all 3!

Dresses that flare out at the bottom are flattering on SOME body types, but not all! If they carry their weight in their stomach, then you will definitely not want a dress that draws attention there. But, generally, yes an A-line is universally flattering.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have the same thing with 5 girls, they all have different dresses and we just bought a pin for everyone to tie the dresses together a little more. 3 are from one designer and 2 from the other, my jr. BM and my MOH will be in a slightly darker shade of Blue and my other 3 are in Blue and silver. 
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i love when bridesmaid dresses are the same colour but different style. at my FSIL's wedding her bridesmaids were all different sizes as well and one of them was pregnant. so she knew it was a huge challenge to pick a bridesmaid dress to suit everyone so she asked them to wear a black short dress in any style. it looked great.
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had different size bridesmaids as well. I had a combination of halter flare dresses and one strap flare dresses. I used b2 and jasmine both by Belsoie
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls range from a 2 to a 10 so, not a huge range of body difference.  That said, we went with a standard cocktail dress in black. It's flattering on everyone :)
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards