Canada-Ontario
Options

VENUE

I am looking for a inexpensive venue with great quality traditional portuguese/italian food in the GTA. Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: VENUE

• Options
    sallen11sallen11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Sala Caboto banquet hall at Villa Columbo (Lawrence and Dufferin).
  • Options
    edited December 2011

A friend of mine got married Paradise (Jane and 7 I think). They had a Portugese/Carribean wedding. The food was amazing and the seafood buffet nearly killed me (in a good way). They were very good about making sure the couple got what they wanted food wise, and at a good price :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked mine at the Riviera Parque on Hwy 7 and close to the 400. They are pretty good with pricing (and you can always try to bagain with them even more). My fiancee is Portuguese, but we decided not to go for a traditional full menu. Instead, we have the Caldo Verde soup to begin with and the Portuguese seafood buffet with the sweets table at the end of the night. They will probably have more options for Portuguese food for you, if that is what you are looking for.

Other things I like about this place is that it doesn't need any renovations (a lot of the places say they will renovate...but you never know if they will when your wedding comes around), very easy to find, lots of hotels near by, the water fountains, lots of parking, and the washrooms (clean).

Hope that helps. :)
  • Options
    asdunnasdunn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any feedback on the Sala Caboto - Columbus Event Center venue?
    I'm curious for reviews on food, service, location ... anything you can fill me in on.

Thanks.
  • Options
    I booked there for my wedding fall of next year..we've had several family functions there (my parents had their wedding reception there!) and the one thing people always come out saying is the food is excellent!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards