Canada-Ontario

Save a Date/Engagement on Video

Since both my FI's family and mine are from out of town and our wedding date is on a long weekend we were thinking about sending a Save a date on a video that caputred both the engagement and the save a date cimematic style...

Do you think it's?

1. Too cheesy
2. When should it be emailed

Re: Save a Date/Engagement on Video

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like a fun idea!  It might be expensive, though.  If its cinematic style I don't think it will be too cheesy.  

If you are all from OOT and it's on a long weekend, you should send it early.  We sent out or STD's in December and our wedding is August, and most guests are from around the city.  Which long weekend is it?
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing the same thing! I love the idea.. here is a link to one that we want to use the style of! We are sending ours out by mail on DVD's might be a more expensive route.. but ive been stuck on the idea for a year. We are filming next month!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR4b_H3X7-s
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did this too!
    We got married May 15 this year and it was sent out in November. People loved it, not cheesy at all - if it's filmed and edited the right way.
    http://www.misstomissus.com/?p=932
  • lycindylycindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I we booked the videoagrapher to film on Oct 2 of this year.  I so excited!!

Littlin - We are getting married Sunday Oct 9th, 2011 (Canadian Thanksgiving)

lipshtix - the video you like looks fo upbeat and fun! I'm going to make one that similar to miellen...its romantic :)  However, in the video we're going talk a little about each other and how excited to have everyone there and hope that everyone can make it.
  • lycindylycindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    miellen - I forgot to ask how you sent out your video? I want to create a private page on FB and only show it to guests...don't know how yet...or maybe just email it out....
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh that will be perfect.  My absolute favorite time at the cottage is Thanksgiving.  It is stunning up there.  I'm doing my "trash the dress" session up there on Thanksgiving this year because I want a picture with the water and the colourful leaves, etc.  FI's cousin is our photographer so she would be there anyway to take family photos (it's tradition).  You will have a beautiful wedding! 

• miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was part of our wedding website, which had a password to get in.
    I also emailed it out to some people - it was uploaded on vimeo so they could just see it there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards