Canada-Ontario

Vendor Eating, but Vendor Seating?

I know it's ettiquette to feed your vendors, at least a scaled down "vendor meal". That's fine by me! Let them eat cake too! There will be tons of it! Ha ha ha!

The problem lies here... Our venue only holds 118, which mean we only have 116 seats that my FH and I aren't sitting in, and we would of course really like to fill those seats with our loved ones. So where do the vendors sit? Do they need seats?

There is a patio, and a covered section (in case of rain) where they could retreat, to eat. But is that rude to section them off like that? Or do you think they would understand and possibly appreciate the privacy?

Hmmmm

Re: Vendor Eating, but Vendor Seating?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our videographers and photographer had a table in a separate room. This worked out well as it gave them space to spread out their stuff and work too. The DJs ate at their DJ table.

They do need to sit but usually, they prefer to be in a separate area. Make sure to find space for them to store and lock up their stuff too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • two_zedstwo_zeds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with ring pop; at my sister's wedding the Photographer and Videographer ate in a seperate room as well. It really was no big deal for them, and the pictures turned out really well.

Good question though! I always forget little details like this!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're keeping our vendors in the room with us. As my photographer pointed out, it's better to have her in there where she can still shoot vs sticking them in some random room where it will take away time from the wedding.

Then again we only have two vendors we need to seat.
  • edited December 2011
    I would have your photographer in the room since they do like to get up and shoot if something happens.  I would also try to sit them close to the head table or close to the parents so they can see them and shoot them.  Even if your venue sets up a small table for two along the side wall so they can eat and be close to the head table.  I think the DJ will just eat at their booth since they have to turn up or down the volume if something happens or wants to say something.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like in carley's situation, seating them separately would work better for space. Don't worry about them missing too much action during dinner. Nobody looks good while they're eating anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Ha ha ha Ring Pop! That's all I need is a pic of me in my beautiful dress, all done up, picking steak out of my teeth!!!

Great thanks for your help ladies! I'll find them an out of the way spot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards