Canada-Ontario

Looking for: dj and cake!!!

Hi ladies:)
I'm looking for your referrals for good dj's and for cakes in the GTA. Thank you:))))

Re: Looking for: dj and cake!!!

• Meaghann17Meaghann17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how far north you would want to go but I got my cake from cakes by design in barrie. i won $100 off at a wedding show, but they only charged $40 to deliver it to the vaughan area.

delicious cake too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
    RSVP Date October 3, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Princess,
    I have a cake business and we make wedding cakes... I'm not sure what kind of cake you are looking for but our prices are pretty affordable. You can always check out our business page on facebook (our website is being worked on). Classy & Sweet Cake Designs
    I would be more than happy to make your cake. :-)
    October 2012 Sig: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    In Progress Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered cake from Just Temptations in Mississauga.  They deliver to tons of places in the GTA.

For DJ, I went with Symmetry Studios but Impact Entertainment is also great!

Good luck!
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• edited December 2011
    We booked our cake at the wedding cake shoppe.  The girls were really accommodating and were the only place we booked a consultation with that didn't try to talk us into fondant.  Their chocolate peanutbutter cake is AMAZING.
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    StephieBow - LOVE the cake inspiration photo - gorgeous!!!
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Robyn Ward - r_e_ward@live.com for cakes. She works out of her home so her costs are very very affordable

My brother was my DJ
  • edited December 2011
    We went the i-Cakes - I saw them at a bridal show and they had the best cake of any vendor there!  Big selling point for me was that they're a nut-free bakery, which is near impossible to find (my brother is deathly allergic, so pretty important for me!)

We're going with Impact Entertainment - glad to see Stephie recommended them!  I've loved dealing with Paul so far, can't review yet since we're not married yet ;)
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used "The Cakes and Sweets Designer", http://www.cakensdesigner.com/, and didn't have a DJ, had a live band, Grafitti Park, instead.
  • edited December 2011
    I love both my cake and DJ! They were both on the higher-ish end of the budget spectrum but the end result hopefully will be worth it!

Cake: Christina Wong at Truffle...she has a website www.truffletoronto.com

DJ: Prodigy Entertainment

Both highly recommended on wedding websites, and receive lots of media accolades!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_looking-dj-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:5d4bfe2b-7cb9-4f0b-b0c0-eea07bf14824Post:6a3460d5-7903-4d18-9669-21c19099709e">Re: Looking for: dj and cake!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]StephieBow - LOVE the cake inspiration photo - gorgeous!!!
    Posted by Littlin[/QUOTE]

Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• edited December 2011
    Natalie @ www.acheforcake.com

She alos works out of her home - has done tons of weddings and is just plain wonderful to work with :)
  • Lauryan26Lauryan26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have also had Christina from Truffle Toronto do cakes (for my parents 25th anniversary party).  She is a friend of a friend and I have had the absolute pleasure of consuming her masterpieces many times!

We are actually having cupcakes for our wedding from Cupcakes of Westdale Village in Hamilton.

Our DJ is the house DJ at the Ancaster Old Mill - they are Bil Copeland DJ Services www.thunderdj.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards