Pennsylvania-Central
Options

HELP! Bridesmaid is pregnant!

We just found out that my FI sister is pregnant and will be due 2 weeks before the wedding...what a mess! Do I find another bridesmaid or just have it uneven?? I have to make a decision ASAP because the dresses should be ordered by the end of November and we're getting married the beginning of june...advice pleasee??!!

Re: HELP! Bridesmaid is pregnant!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Why dont you ask her what she is comfortable with? If she wants to stay a bridesmaid, try to make accomidations for her dress. There are alot of cute styles that can be comfortable for a pregnant birdesmaid. She may not want to be standing for a long period of time and may decline being a bridesmaid. If this is the case why dont you offer for her to do a reading or a prayer at the wedding.
  • Options
    mamie329mamie329 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely ask her first. So much can happen -- she could give birth early or she could be on bedrest or she may not want to be full-term and on her feet so much during the day. If she decides to bow out, please don't add a replacement BM for the sake of even sides. Uneven sides are very much the norm these days. Are you really going to be counting heads to make sure there's an equal ratio of GMs to BMs when you look at your wedding photos or just seeing the faces of those who are closest to you and FI? Also, why are you ordering the dresses so early? Most places take 2-4 months.
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ...she's pregnant, not coming down with leprosy. I would hardly call pregnancy a mess, kind of insulting to FI's sister. I agree with all the others. Talk to her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp, this isn't a mess! A mess would be your bridesmaid sleeping with your FI before the wedding. This may be an inconvenience for you, but it's honestly not that big a deal. You need to first talk to her to find out what she wants to do. If she wants to stay in, fine. If not, also fine but do not ask someone else to replace her. That is insulting to the person you ask as they are basically being told they weren't important enough the first time you asked. Even numbers don't matter, trust me on this one. Your wedding will be beautiful no matter how many people are standing by your side.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with all pp:- this is not a mess- talk to her- accomodate her with a different/mathcing style - offer her a reading if she declines remaining in WP- don't "replace" herWhy on Earth do your dresses have to be ordered so early?
  • Options
    redreviving6redreviving6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand your frustration, but with all weddings expect the unexpected. I agree with the above posts (a little less harshly), except if symmetry (sp) is your thing and you know your group of friends/family then it may not be insulting to ask someone to step in, IF your preggy bridesmand doesn't want to stay in the wedding.  I've been in several weddings and once I was asked to step up because someone stepped down.  I wasn't offended AT ALL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My advice is to be happy for her.  Did she say that she doesn't want to be in the wedding any more or are you just cutting her because it will ruin your wedding day vision?  I got married at the end of June and we didn't order the BM dresses until mid-February. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards